parking fine enforcement

James TQ

Reaction score
where i work i dont have a space in my carpark and neith do alot of staff, everyone parks in tesco over the road, they say you only get 2 hours free parking and they will issue a £70 if you exceed that, well i park in there 5 days aweek 9 hours a day.

people are starting to get warning letters, my question is as it is a privet car park can issue parking fine as i have heard that you can ignore them and deny you are driving and state that it is harrasment? anyone know if this is true?

ta

^^^^^this way of thinking is a big part of what is wrong with this country today.

Rather than just ticketing cars Tesco are (surprisingly) warning people first. But instead of being happy with all the free parking you've had for ages and just accepting tesco's warning and not parking IN THEIR CARPARK anymore, you focus on finding ways of around it by considering ignoring them, still parking there, lying about who was driving and claiming harassment. Surely its YOU harassing THEIR carpark?!

You're the driving equivalent of a squatter.

Harsh but true.

Reactions: TonyH38 and fallmonk
sometimes you can get away with it
but when they clamp you your gona pay.

privet car park saves me a 10 min walk in the freezing cold, tesco make how many millions of pounds profit a day, im sure a few cars in there cark dosent help cosidering the majprity of the 4k people that work in my building go there at lunch for there food?

Only people that can actually give out a fine is Police, courts and local Authority. Clamping is illegal and private car parking firms will just try it on trying to get money out of you with all kinds of threats

How much profit tesco make has nothing to do with it. Their carpark, their rules.

Can't believe you want to risk the mess of fines, clamps and appeals for the sake of a 10 minute walk.

Reactions: TonyH38
i got my answer thankyou, looks like i wont be walking afterall. inmy case, lazyness is smartness my friend, no walk in the morning is ten mins longer in bed...

where i work i dont have a space in my carpark and neith do alot of staff, everyone parks in tesco over the road, they say you only get 2 hours free parking and they will issue a £70 if you exceed that, well i park in there 5 days aweek 9 hours a day.

people are starting to get warning letters, my question is as it is a privet car park can issue parking fine as i have heard that you can ignore them and deny you are driving and state that it is harrasment? anyone know if this is true?

ta

Can I come round to your house and park my car on your drive?

They could ban you from all Tesco Stores. You will be on a very select list of people banned from Tesco. Nice people.....not lol
Anyway, I suspect there is parking closer by than 10 minutes, but I bet you have to pay for it, and that is why you want to park in Tesco.

Can I come round to your house and park my car on your drive?

legally, if the drive space is empty yes you can... So be my guest you pay tax, if I come home and your over my drive ill just park it in Tesco

Tesco, like all supermarkets during the planning stage of the store, have to specify how many parking spaces they will have. With this information they can work out roughly how much each parking space will generate in revenue. The planning office also know this and they can restrict the number of parking spaces to reduce the profit the store makes and help local shops and businesses still trade reasonably well. The supermarkets also want to be seen to help the community and local shops by allowing you a couple of hours, knowing people parking there will also visit the local shops.
Now, if the supermarket really want to be arsey,and show you as an example, they will push to fine you for loss of revenue. I know the Tesco at the Ricoh Stadium value each space at £410 per day. If they are warning you, you can bet your life they know when you have parked there for the last couple of weeks, and they will use that to recoup loss of revenue, rather than just fine you for parking there. They do know what they are doing and will have checked all areas of the law prior to issuing you a warning or taking any action.

Want to bet your money on how good their lawyers are?

An example, Tesco wanted to do a buy one get one free on Nescafe, and insisted that's what the supplier accepted, which they didn't. Tesco emptied their shelved of Nescafe products and returned it to the supplier, who rapidly changed their mind.
Too big? Too much power? Maybe, but do you really think you deciding to fight them in court over parking is going to bother them?

Reactions: TonyH38
Fantastic answer Sidibear!! the guy's been warned; only a numpty would get the hump, they could have simply imposed the fine- then he'd have been dripping about being fined when all of the signage warns of that too.

privet car park saves me a 10 min walk in the freezing cold, tesco make how many millions of pounds profit a day, im sure a few cars in there cark dosent help cosidering the majprity of the 4k people that work in my building go there at lunch for there food?

Are you Overweight by any chance?

legally, if the drive space is empty yes you can... So be my guest you pay tax, if I come home and your over my drive ill just park it in Tesco

Congratulations on an even more stupid statement than your opening post. I didn't think that was possible.

Privet is a type of garden hedge.

i havnt been warned yet, if i do i may consider going else where, its like its a major crime half the carpark is staff from my building, if they really wanted to keep the spaced free they would of changed it years ago ive been parknig in there for the 2 and a half year i have worked here

i havnt been warned yet, if i do i may consider going else where, its like its a major crime half the carpark is staff from my building, if they really wanted to keep the spaced free they would of changed it years ago ive been parknig in there for the 2 and a half year i have worked here

Hopefully nobody will send your admission of guilt to Tesco... By Sidi's calculations and the possibility of you having 24days of annual leave and your weekends you potentially owe Tesco £278,800 in lost revenue. If you were to fight only being there nine hours then half that cost for good measure :)

To be honest, do the decent and honourable thing and park in a place you know where you can! It's not yours or your companies car park. Tesco offer the 2hrs parking for reasons like Sidi mentioned. They have even given you a warning not to park there.

Don't anger the Tesco beast, you will not win! I'm sure Tesco would have no qualms in contacting your employer if you say the majority of your staff park there too.

minus the £4k iv spent in there i may have to ask for a pay rise, when the weather brightens up i may feel a stroll, just going over to the parking prame and shame thread to see worlds largest parking ticket

I once used a Tesco car park whilst shopping in their store. When I got back to my car a bloke was crouched down in the next bay having a ****. As he was grunting I shouted at the top of my voice, he quickly pulled up his trousers, half of the **** fell out, the other half remained in his pants and he ran. I didn't bother going back in to Tesco to tell them. But I have never been back to Tesco again.

Can you park a Horse and Carriage in Tesco all day? I mean, you might not find the Horse still there when you get back.....