Parking sensor warning

Jabba46

Reaction score
Occasionally when I start the car I get a parking sensor warning. Says that the sensors cannot detect objects. Then as soon as it appears it disappears again and all is well.

Does anyone else have this problem?

thanks.

Occasionally when I start the car I get a parking sensor warning. Says that the sensors cannot detect objects. Then as soon as it appears it disappears again and all is well.

thanks.

Mine does the same too. I think it just takes a while for all the sensors to initialise and then once they do, it disappears. I think this is normal behaviour.

Reactions: Jabba46

thanks.

I've had this since day one, I can never figure out the cause. I used to find it would usually happen when I started the car relatively close to an object.

A bit annoying, but in fact the only warning light I experience on a frequent basis

Reactions: AdamInKent
I park mine overnight close to a bush and the same happens, when I start the car at work and I’m not parked close to anything it doesn’t happen. I’ve got used to it now

This is a fault. Mines had it from new and it's been to Audi twice. First time they said it was an error being thrown up as the battery was virtually dead so they charged it to full. Within a day it was back so they contacted Audi technical who advised a software update. It got that this week and I haven't seen it come back but I've only had it back a day....

They said if it comes back it's likely to be down to the faulty alternator/battery issue that's well known about and they'll replace them both.

Oh and it's a problem for a lot of A3s too. The garage gave me one of their A3 courtesy cars on both times it went in and both cars threw up the same parking sensor errors. One was a 2020 A3 sport 1.5tfsi and the other was a 2020 A3 S Line 30tdi so it's across the board issue.