Parking sensors

fossie

Reaction score
Anyone know the part number for the rear parking sensors that would fit a 56 reg??
kind regards
lee

I believe there is different ones dependant on model and position.

I have been told the easiest way is to get under the car and remove the damaged one, then order that part number.

I still have to do mine ....

Just ring audi parts and give them your chassis number and theyl give you the correct part number and paint code, thats what i did then got some from german ebay. It worked out about half price from germany. Also the center sensors may be different from the corner sensors.

Yes but parts departments are weary of this these days & they dont tend to like giving out part numbers so much anymore as tbh I see there point, spend time for you then you go somewhere else.

I've got 1 of these sensors available if you want, cheaper than audi.

Yes but parts departments are weary of this these days & they dont tend to like giving out part numbers so much anymore as tbh I see there point, spend time for you then you go somewhere else.

I've got 1 of these sensors available if you want, cheaper than audi.

How much matey, apart from vagcom is there any other way to see which ones at fault, apart from trial an error..
Cheers again buddy
Lee

Send me a Pm & we can sort it that way :)

VCDS is always the best and easiest way to diagnose the fault. A physical inspection wouldn't go a miss either. I've replaced a lot of sensors on a VW Passat as the chrome sensors at the front flake away.

VCDS is always the best and easiest way to diagnose the fault. A physical inspection wouldn't go a miss either. I've replaced a lot of sensors on a VW Passat as the chrome sensors at the front flake away.

Do you have vagcom matey. If so any chance of plugging me in at all
regards
lee

Genuine vcds is cheap mate, vas is about £10k & doesnt even do somethings vcds can do, you pay for vas updates whereas vcds has been foc to date, support is foc, whereas vas is subcription based, no brainer, infact its a steal lol.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but can someone tell me how to test the rear parking sensors using VCDS.
Regards
lee

Just login to pdc which is 76, then in measuring blocks there will be a block that shows the sensors & it reads distances of detection, walk in front of each & see if its changing, whats exactly wrong with them?

If its just to tell which sensor isnt working you dont need VCDS. Ignition on and put car in reverse. Lower yourself down to listen to each sensor in turn. You should be able to hear an audible clicking noise from each one. This is the signal being ommitted from the sensor. If you cant hear anything then that sensor is dodgy. A simple calibrated tap sometimes works aswell.

Cheers pal ill give that whirl.
Thanks agagain I take it that the one that isnt clicking/vibrating is the knackered one

Just login to pdc which is 76, then in measuring blocks there will be a block that shows the sensors & it reads distances of detection, walk in front of each & see if its changing, whats exactly wrong with them?

Just the usual long warning beep when you put it in reverse buddy. Must a sensor a problem as it happened before but sort of fixed itself lol