Parking Wars!!!!

Raiden

Reaction score
I don't think iv'e mentioned this before on the forum but I have issue that is doing MY HEAD IN!!!!!

I live on a main road above a shop. I own the whole lot including the driveway in front of the shop. On and off for years you get the odd person park there and its always ****** typical someone parks there when I need to get the shopping in doors or I have visitors coming over and no one can park. Whenever I catch someone I ask nicely and say please can you move. half the time there fine but lately people have been going mental like I am in the wrong and old people are the worst???

Tonight a guy almost hit my car trying to get off the drive and we had a argument so iv'e had enough now. Is it illegal for me to clamp a car on my land?

Iv'e tried no parking signs. Being nice or horrible to people and it don't work. A few times which is the most effective way to stop people is I move my car as close as I can to theres on there drivers side so that they have to jump into the passenger side to get in there car but 1 day someone may dent my car knowing my luck.

Anything else I could do other than move lol?

Stick a removable post in the ground to stop people getting on your drive, a little bit of a pain having to remove it all the time but at least you have the piece of mind that nobody is going to be in your sport.

Reactions: Scottyg
Get some of those giant stickers made up that cover half the windscreen and only rip off in tiny pieces. There's a youtube group called 'stop a douchebag' that does it, pretty hillarious.

Reactions: Raiden and Lavis89
Get some of those giant stickers made up that cover half the windscreen and only rip off in tiny pieces. There's a youtube group called 'stop a douchebag' that does it, pretty hillarious.

I've seen those guys, sticker peoples cars who drive on pavements (apparently that's a thing in russia). some brilliant videos

Stick a removable post in the ground to stop people getting on your drive, a little bit of a pain having to remove it all the time but at least you have the piece of mind that nobody is going to be in your sport.

I did think maybe I'll have to get those. Like you say a pain but long term they will save my sanity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found a old pot of cream in fridge I forgot to chuck away. So I'll be saving that for the next time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any pictures to see what you're dealing with?

I'd say by the sounds of it I'd go with Lavis89 suggestion of a removable post. Like one of the ones below maybe....

610y-no-parking-fold-down-post.jpg

furnitubes_a300_lf_yellow_autopa_plastic_coated_steel_fold_down_li_flat_car_park_post_shown_housed_within_storage_box.jpg

;)

Reactions: Sandra, Raiden and Scottyg