Part Number - Another Problem - A4 B7 2.0tdi - suggestions required

V6_Man

Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Tis has suddenly turned into never ending sorry saga tbh!

So, the car had power steering pump replaced two weeks ago. I have been using two different garages for the work on the car. One did the cambelt and the other power steering pump. The guy who did the PS pump after replacing it said that the bracket which holds the pump was cracked and that he glued it (or whatever) and it was good to go. However, when he put it all back on the PS pulley started making funny noises. His view; it was old and should have been changed by the garage who changed the cambelt.

Cambelt guys said they will only do it if needed by agreed to changing it, which they did last week however between them two one of them screwed the swirl flaps again, one blaming the other.

To cut it short, I was doing school runs yesterday and heard a beep while reversing, parked the car came to the front and then moved the car back to see a puddle. Moved the car back and forth and the the car was leaving rainbow like makes everywhere (it was raining yesterday) - alarms bells - it is an oil leak!

Open the bonnet and surprise! PS oil leak. Called both the guys again and they started blaming each other so, I said Fock you both, called my credit card company and disputed the payments. Ain’t picking up there calls anymore as every time I call I am put on hold.

Now off course, I will be going for a new PS pump but want to change the bracket as well. Used our dear friend Google and it came up with this part numbers as:

PS Pump: 8E0 145 155 N
Bracket (alternator) 03G 903 139 D.

Can anyone please confirm if these are the correct part numbers. Also, sort from TPS what other alternatives do I have.

You can see the sealant applied to it in one of the pictures

Pics below FYI:

0345ae0572b1e4da917cb97767eddd94.jpg

0ce670adf38f8983cb8ec01dc4bc6633.jpg

f50d9f5186688347c05c624603baf30f.jpg

Sealant

b8a9704270b5008af39eecb08cde096a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: