Part number for Oil Dipstick

way318

Reaction score
Hi, can some advise the correct part number for a oil dipstick for my 2011 A4 B8 2.0TDI, as keep getting a strange reading from the electronic oil check function, one day its on max, then next day if close to minimum, so want to check it properly.

Thanks

Google and search this forum as all information is out there already.

@mjr901 will be able to tell you part no

Reactions: mjr901 and way318
Check the part number to see if it firs
may only be for petrol models

I bought 03L115611E then checked it against the dealer's dipstick and it turns out it's too long due to the A4 having a shorter dipstick tube which ends under the engine cover.
So I put a piece of pipe and a cable tie to limit how far it goes into the tube. Bang on now. Never did intend to leave it in the engine as that would entail cutting a hole in the engine cover.

Reactions: GaryDe
Never got round to getting one since my question, but looking to get one now.

After doing a bit of searching, part number 03L115611E is for my 2.0L TDI as it has engine code CAGA. But will I still need to put a 30mm spacer at the top as per Zafi's example to get a correct reading?

Does anyone know what length the dip stick should be to give an accurate reading, I've seen it somewhere but can find it now.

Mine landed today. Much easier then having to wait for the motor to heat up!

Did you get the 03L115611E, if so how much did you get it for?

I also managed to find the following measurements for the dipstick: 488 = MAX, 512 = MIN

I got a 06E115611H £9.55 inc vat on our account

Reactions: way318