Part number for S3 8V air filter

Joxh

Reaction score
Anyone know the part number for the air filter on an S3 8V MY15? I'm finding a few different ones ending in B, C, D etc. Cheers, Josh.

Change it to after market eg ITG, RAM AIR or Revo

Similar money, lasts longer, better performance (marginal)

Remove the snow grill while you're in there too.

Reactions: AudiRace
Don't waste your money on aftermarket pal all you will get is a bit more noise nothing else

Reactions: Potterswheel, Joxh and Harvey
5Q0129620B for OE filter
C30005 for Mann filter which is the OE filter ;)
20201030 141058

Last edited:
Reactions: Joxh
Or if you want to go Bosch here is mine ready to go in.
(complete with confirmation of @Harvey s Mann N°!)Air filter box
Air filter
Along with OIL
Oil filter
And Cabin filter
Cabil filter
Totally agree with others, don't fit an after market filter as all you will get is noise and allow dirt and grit into your engine, buy the best filters you can.
I am told O.E can be Valeo, Mann or Bosch.

Reactions: Joxh
Don't waste your money on aftermarket pal all you will get is a bit more noise nothing else
Don't underestimate it .. Even 3 or 5% bhp bump will make a difference ... I have RAMAIR and I could feel difference .. and you don't have to replace it .. clean and put it back.. ordinary paper dirty needs replacing ..

That's the whole point! a standard filter is designed to collect the dirt and grit from the air before it gets into your treasured engine, if you don't have to change or clean the element where does the dirt go?
The only way to filter more air properly is to make the paper element bigger (more surface area) and that is the compromise the manufacturers have to face, do they fill the under bonnet with the air filters?? after market filters are generally smaller??? and have bigger holes???
If you are racing and plan to only run your car on a race circuit and also plan to rebuild your engine often then you have a different set of inputs for your compromises. now if you were planning to squeeze an R8's filter box under the bonnet of a 1.8 s then you might be getting what you want.

Obviously everyones vehicle is different and these are just my findings and experiance @AudiRace @Joxh

I felt no difference when I had a Ramair filter in my S3 and as a direct comparison I had my car on the rollers to prove/disprove any performance gains on a stock FL S3. The red line is a Ramair performance panel filter vs green line of a standard Audi (Mann branded) filter.

S3_power_graph_010621_filtersSmall.jpg

The results are rather interesting & speak for themselves:

Ramair panel filter- 310.4bhp(314.7PS/231.4KW) / 316.5FtLb(429.1Nm)

Standard panel filter - 309.8bhp(314.1PS/231.0KW) / 324.4FtLb(439.9Nm)

To summarise the comparison the Ramair gained 0.6bhp & lost 10.8ftlb. As a driver you basically wouldn’t feel any difference between them & this is why I wanted the real world direct comparison.

Reactions: Potterswheel
That's the whole point! a standard filter is designed to collect the dirt and grit from the air before it gets into your treasured engine, if you don't have to change or clean the element where does the dirt go?
The only way to filter more air properly is to make the paper element bigger (more surface area) and that is the compromise the manufacturers have to face, do they fill the under bonnet with the air filters?? after market filters are generally smaller??? and have bigger holes???
If you are racing and plan to only run your car on a race circuit and also plan to rebuild your engine often then you have a different set of inputs for your compromises. now if you were planning to squeeze an R8's filter box under the bonnet of a 1.8 s then you might be getting what you want.
So all those tuners who exchange whole intake u think they gonna put standard filter in ?? I don't think so.
I guarantee you 80% ppl here changed to aftermarket parts :) It is not gonna hurt car don't worry

Obviously everyones vehicle is different and these are just my findings and experiance @AudiRace @Joxh

I felt no difference when I had a Ramair filter in my S3 and as a direct comparison I had my car on the rollers to prove/disprove any performance gains on a stock FL S3. The red line is a Ramair performance panel filter vs green line of a standard Audi (Mann branded) filter.

S3_power_graph_010621_filtersSmall.jpg

The results are rather interesting & speak for themselves:

Ramair panel filter- 310.4bhp(314.7PS/231.4KW) / 316.5FtLb(429.1Nm)

Standard panel filter - 309.8bhp(314.1PS/231.0KW) / 324.4FtLb(439.9Nm)

To summarise the comparison the Ramair gained 0.6bhp & lost 10.8ftlb. As a driver you basically wouldn’t feel any difference between them & this is why I wanted the real world direct comparison.
Yeah for an s3 which is fast of course you not gonna feel anything to just put some filter in.. for this type car you need whole air intake setup kit to make difference :)