Part numbers section

gary3306

VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I have noticed in a few threads, people asking for part numbers for various things. I am Admin on another car forum, and we have a section for part numbers. If the moderators spot a part number in a thread, they will add it to the part numbers section for all members benefit. The section is split into sub-sections, ie; Interior, exterior, engine, driveline, suspension, styling etc etc.

Is that something that may be of benefit on here?

The search function is a bit vague on here so it wouldn't help here Gary,members generally just ask

Thats a fair one. You never really have to wait long for someone to pop up and help anyway. Just wondered if it was something that Admin/Mod team had thought of. :sm4:

I've done just that in the B6 section where I frequent. It's early days and still growing, but it works well I think. I don't have the knowledge to do it the other sections though really.

............ handy to have them in one place tho

Thats why we started doing it over on my forum. They were fragmented here there and everywhere in threads and whilst the search facility is quite good, it still took some finding them. So we came up with a whole section totally dedicated to part numbers, and its growing steadily. Only drawback unfortunately, is its more work for the mods :whistle2:, having to collate them all etc.

Anyway, I don't want to force the issue, just throwing ideas out there to enhance what is, a great forum :sm4:

I'm sorry mate. Total Audi virgin here having been a Vauxhall guy all my motoring life (yes, alright alright!!! :laugh:). I am more used to PVS and VBOA. What is aitp? and when?

Ahh, yea I read something about that earlier today but hadn't realised it was the same event. VBOA (Vauxhall Bedford Owners Association) National Rally is held just along the road at Billing Aquadrome (on this weekend actually), so I'm well used to the journey lol. I will have to see how I'm fixed, but its a def maybe ;)

I've been having a look at the website for the place and it looks pretty good. Touring van pitches and camping etc.

I'm sorry mate. Total Audi virgin here having been a Vauxhall guy all my motoring life (yes, alright alright!!! :laugh:). I am more used to PVS and VBOA. What is aitp? and when?

Lol. Snap. Vauxhall veteran turned audi convert!