Part search after install of Bilstein B12 and mini review

SevenW

Reaction score
Well, I got to install my new suspension, to say it went well is not quite right.
First garage jacked up my car and told me that I am missing the splash guard just behind the front left wheel next to where the jack point area is, I cannot for the sake of me find any part number to search for a new piece, if anybody can help me very much appreciated.

Parts install:
SuperPro Front Lower Arm front position control bushes
Super Pro Front Lower Arm rear position bushes
New ECS uprated Strut Mounts
New Strut Bearings
New Nuts n Bolts
Eibach Sportline Springs
Bilstein B8 Dampers

The SuperPro bushes were pressed into the control arm no problems but installing them back into the subframe was difficult, the crush tubes needed to be bashed into the alloy subframe, that took some time, in hindsight maybe it would of been quicker to run the crush tubes over a grinder to shorten then a tad, but they went in eventually.

The B12 Kit went on pretty easily, but then on the test drive, started getting an almighty crash bang sound for the right side when turning left and encountering bumps. After troubleshooting many times, it was the driveshaft making contact with the anti-roll bar on the right.
Now I was using adjustable droplinks which I installed about a month ago as the previous shortened droplinks had failed.
The B12 is actually lower than what I had on the previous coilovers yet the garage have extended the droplink length to stop the contact between the ARB and driveshaft. I thought the lower the car the shorter the droplink is correct, but the garage is saying that is wrong and that I should re-install the factory long spaghetti noodle droplinks? Can anybody shed any light on this? I will fettle with the droplinks this weekend.
As a real quick review on the susp set up!
It is one sweet setup, the bushes make a difference on steering, if it makes sense the front end is tight, steering weight is heavier and straight centre return is a lot more brisk.
Pitch up and down during acceleration and braking is near zero now. Ride comfort is also much better, you can feel the damper control on compression and rebound is spot on.
This set up gives the best compromise for me as it gives the sexy low look and great control for some spirited legal driving, and for the better half as it is a plush ride.
I will post pics over the weekend once I sort out the droplinks.

Reactions: PanamaS3