Facelift particulate filter is coming..

Doohie

Reaction score
Yep like I say...
Since September 2017 new models have to comply with the 10/11 standard,
from September 2018 all newly sold cars have to comply with a GPF (particulate filters for petrol cars)
So probably soon the RS3 will get a particulate filter for the new emission Euro 6c-norm standard.
My biggest concern is how the sound will be influenced by this !!

It certainly won't have a positive effect that's for sure.

I've been working on some GPF equipped cars at work and they dont make much impact on noise. So I wouldnt worry about that side of things. They are also very easy to regen compared to Diesel.

Another load of useless crap to fit to the cars, wonder how long these units last

I've been working on some GPF equipped cars at work and they dont make much impact on noise. So I wouldnt worry about that side of things. They are also very easy to regen compared to Diesel.
The epic 5 cyl sound is gone

The epic 5 cyl sound is gone
To be fair though you don't know the exact spec of the car that Audi are testing in that video.

I've spent most of my career driving prototype cars and the media like to guess what engines they are running, quite often getting it wrong.

No DSG burps in that run either - not great all round. But, let's face it, that is the future......

What the hell?! That doesn't even sound like a 5cyl. A crying shame. They just keep making the cars quieter and quieter.

It must just be the video. After all, it must be the same engine, gearbox and exhaust?

What the hell?! That doesn't even sound like a 5cyl. A crying shame. They just keep making the cars quieter and quieter.

It must just be the video. After all, it must be the same engine, gearbox and exhaust?
DOC...Read The titel of this topic.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn WAS-LX1A met Tapatalk

DOC...Read The titel of this topic.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn WAS-LX1A met Tapatalk
Cheeky sod. And it's title.

Anyway, would a particulate filter really dull the sound that much? By the sounds of this, it seems so.