PAS rack part number jungle. What is compatible?

Scott325SE

Reaction score
Hi all.
Long(ish)-time member, rare poster.

I need a replacement PAS rack for my B6 Avant 1.9tdi (Quattro)
Now, all the online ETKAs that i can get access to, don't list any of the PAS rack numbers that I can find on ebay etc.

According to my local $tealer, the two most recent part numbers on the system to buy are...
8E2 422 052 TX
8E2 422 053 TX

I can find 20-30 racks available but none with these latest numbers. I can find 072, 065 and 066 racks ten-a-penny.

in fact, all the ETKAs list 052 and 053 numbers virtually exclusively. Are there some backwards and forwards-compatible racks that I can be looking for, too..... or are they all compatible and am I just being a "numbers pedant"?

Many thanks for any help, that anyone can offer.

Scott

You will probably find that one of those older numbers have superseded to one of the ones that etka lists maybe a phone call to audi/TPS may help you out more give them your rack part number then they will tell you if its superseded and might give you the part number if you ask nicely or even try the parts request on here.

I'm going by what the part number SHOULD BE from Audi. I'm not removing the rack until I've got a replacement (I don't have time for taking the rack out, just to get a part number, then putting it all back in again. F that. lol.

I'll try TPS.... Cheers