Passenger mirror help

Baron02

Reaction score
Good morning

Firstly happy new year to you. My Audi A4 is with the workshop for a passenger mirror issue. When Sitting in the driver seat and passenger the passenger mirror appear to lower than the driver mirror. Is this normal or the same for you. They say it fine. Sure it was the same height and level as the driver mirror and do the mirror dim slightly to stop dazzling from light behind

James

When you mean lower do you mean actual height of the whole mirror casing? The exterior mirrors will only dim if you have selected this option when ordering as it doesn't come as standard. I am sure someone will come along and say it should be as a Kia has it ;-)

The passenger mirror housing appears to be fractionally lower ie bottom of it is below the window line. Drivers side in online of window etc

What option should that be When I ordered it?

Last edited:
Funnily enough I got in the car for the first time in a while and also noticed that the passenger side mirror seemed to sit a bit low, a touch below the window line. But I'm sure its physically fine, and most likely my wife has been tampering with the seat height compounded by a new sense of un-familiarity on my part from coming from a different car.

As said the mirror will only tilt if you have some fandangle package. I'm not sure but it can most likely be coded in using vag-com or the new fangled carista app.

Since cuke2you brought it up... we've just taken a ford focus titanium x into the family and I'm blown away by how much tech the car has as standard vs an equivalent VAG model. And compared to a golf at least there is not the difference in 'premium' feel that there used to be either.

Is this a serious thread?

It’s an issue of perspective. If you sit in the passenger seat and look at the driver mirror it will also look lower.

The B9 mirrors are quite low set in comparison to the windows. It’s not an issue and if you really require confirmation then feel free to measure them. Bear in mind there will be a large uncertainty in your measurement.

It is a serious thread, I want to know if that the norm. As I’ve had issues with dealer in the past I want to check with other owners..

That the thing the driver mirror look perfect when in the passenger seat no visual lost etc. It just the passenger side i’m Querying..

It is a serious thread, I want to know if that the norm. As I’ve had issues with dealer in the past I want to check with other owners..

That the thing the driver mirror look perfect when in the passenger seat no visual lost etc. It just the passenger side i’m Querying..
I also noticed this, but it's just a perspective thing, probably caused by the fact Audi mounted the mirrors low to help drag or wind noise. It may be less pronounced if you raise the drivers seat a bit.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The passenger mirror housing appears to be fractionally lower ie bottom of it is below the window line. Drivers side in online of window etc

What option should that be When I ordered it?
There is an option you can tick for auto dimming of both door mirrors with folding and memory function, £325 in the UK but then electrically operated front seats also have to be added.
I have measured my both mirrors, from the ground up, and they are the same height. They'd look silly if they weren't...

Your tyres on one side are under inflated and the car is leaning

Reactions: RaZ A4
If you didn’t spec dimming mirrors you probably haven’t got them. Dimming mirrors have a clearly visible line about 5mm in from the edge of the glass running all the way around the edge. And they dim at night :p