Passenger side mirror dip function

jay777

Reaction score
hi,

has anyone got this enabled, been trying the steps with no luck..
aargh4.gif

2016-01-03%2010.06.43_zpssprparjn.jpg

have read elsewhere that this feature needs to be enabled through coding, but it's in the manual so should work?

It's enabled from factory on cars with electric memory seats, on all other models you need to enable it with VCDS.

thx, have electric memory seats.. so it's just :readit: then :help:

Works fine for me (Mem seats)

Engine running.

1. Turn mirror knob to allow adjustment of passenger side mirror.
2. Select reverse.
3. Adjust passenger mirror until you have the desired position you want to use when reversing.
4. Deselect reverse - mirror will return to its original position (before you selected reverse)

Whenever you now select reverse, the passenger mirror will move to the position you selected in step 3 above.

Thx, figured out.. with some help from another forum.

User guide is wrong, if you look in the image it shows to put the knob to the driving side... Incidentally as you'd do in a Beamer

Also it dips after about a second after shifting gear to reverse - I obviously didn't wait long enough before.. Not used to it beamers dip immediately

Actually the book is in English, so for me in the UK, it shows the switch in the correct position :racer:

Me in the UK too, ah, think i found the problem, my book is in 'Englisch', see below :blush:

2016-01-05%2020.53.15_zpsrwotuzzd.jpg

Reactions: RAF_S7