Passenger window !

Lox3n

Reaction score
A chap at work kindly came and told me my passenger window was open in a rain storm...:banghead: My seat was soaked but the thing I don't understand is how the window was open to begin with! ... Anyone had there passenger window drop all the way down by its self or must i be knocking it when I get out :S!.... Was going to check the fuse but if it was a fuse problem it wouldn't work at all right ? :S ...
Any help would be much appreciated! ..
Thanks,
Rob

common for convinience units to play up you may have a faulty one worth gettin it checked out

Where are they?... i cant even find a fuse for the windows to take out to stop it going by itself.
Thanks,
Rob

ok its either gonna be behind the glove box? or located drivers side underneath by the pedals might be abit tight to get to? you can have a look on ebay at the part so at least you know what your looking for?

Ok cheers :) ... thanks allot for your help don't wanna spend hours drying the seat out again!

One more thing :D!.... is there something i can disconnect in the mean time to stop the windows altogether?

no convenience module on a B5, its part of the central locking pump.

I've done this myself and it was caused by me catching the button on the drivers door as i got out.

Oh cool save me looking for that tomorrow then!... and if the central locking is fine it wouldn't be that right?... Yeah I've got a feeling its me cause my bro (mechanic) got in it and played around with the windows and he couldn't find anything wrong with it. He put all the windows up and check it all round before locking it. Its been 3 hours now and the window is still up *touchwood* so it must be me!...
Thanks for the replies
Rob.

no convenience module on a B5, its part of the central locking pump.

I've done this myself and it was caused by me catching the button on the drivers door as i got out.

I believe Paddy in the 8p section had the same problem with his keys getting caught in his pocket. :) x

Thanks for everyone's quick replays :D... User error ;) fingers crossed haha

Yeh, i only caught it because i happened to have a passenger who was getting out at the same time and as he closed the door noticed the window go down, and i realised where i'd put my hand right there and then.

Had i been on my own i'd no doubt have come back to the car thinking WTF?