Patching FEC via USB/SD

Booboo

Reaction score
Screenshot 20220224 223835 My Files

I have downloaded this data as I want to patch the FEC for lifetime map updates The add FEC.txt reads
023000EE
I already have Android auto. I believe the 023000EE should able the lifetime updates. Do I just put this data in the root folder of a an SD or USB g flash via the red menu.
I do have B&O sound too in case that has to be disabled.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Enables you to update your maps via USB if you don't patch the FEC code the update will be rejected. It enables Android auto (incase you haven't already got it) updates your gracenote software for album art. Installs More Incredible Bash software via the green menu

Updated software and unlocked maps with M.I.B, good piece of software. Have a look on the German forums

Will this allow restoration of Google maps without me having to pay monies?! I still seem to have free over the air map updates at the moment even though the audi connect subs have expired - presume this doesn't last forever either.

You get 5 OTA map updates (2 per year) after that you have to pay. Audi connect isn't needed to update the maps.
The above Patching will not activate Google maps and Audi connect subscription is required for it also.
I simply plug my phone and use Android auto to mirror my phone to the MMI
This patch will allow lifetime update for Audi maps (via SD or USB not OTA) if try to install with out a valid FEC key the MMI will reject the update, enable android auto if you don't have it, Remove component protection if you've had another MMI unit fitted, update grace note and you can enable video in motion

Reactions: mareklazar1 and ub7rm
Will this allow restoration of Google maps without me having to pay monies?! I still seem to have free over the air map updates at the moment even though the audi connect subs have expired - presume this doesn't last forever either.
The solution from Congo is still working for me a year later. One off charge of about 180 I think. We'll worth it

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Reactions: ub7rm
Android auto is free to mirror Google maps. Or install a lifetime fec code and update nav via SD/usb

does this give the google overlay on the maps on the vc?
Yes. Exactly how it was when you bought the car. And actually better quality than Audi's workaround for the cars they did update. As they changed the map source to something else, Congo uses Google themselves

His update reroutes the data from Audi servers to Google directly so it should be pretty much unbreakable. Unless Google changed their coding radically that would break smartphones etc as well. Apparently this means it's independent from Audi connect also, I still have my subscription til June so can't verify this though

Congo is in Bulgaria, but the whole process was managed remotely and with guidance via email (very responsive, replying in 5mins at 10pm!)

Can't recommend him enough!

Reactions: AlS3BE
Yes. Exactly how it was when you bought the car. And actually better quality than Audi's workaround for the cars they did update. As they changed the map source to something else, Congo uses Google themselves

His update reroutes the data from Audi servers to Google directly so it should be pretty much unbreakable. Unless Google changed their coding radically that would break smartphones etc as well. Apparently this means it's independent from Audi connect also, I still have my subscription til June so can't verify this though

Congo is in Bulgaria, but the whole process was managed remotely and with guidance via email (very responsive, replying in 5mins at 10pm!)

Can't recommend him enough!

I got in touch with Congo this morning, a couple of hours later (in between other things) I have fully functioning 'proper' google maps. I don't have an active audi connect subscription. Cost 150 Eur. Could not be happier with the service and the outcome.

You will need a blank SD card and thats it.

I got in touch with Congo this morning, a couple of hours later (in between other things) I have fully functioning 'proper' google maps. I don't have an active audi connect subscription. Cost 150 Eur. Could not be happier with the service and the outcome.

You will need a blank SD card and thats it.
That has surprised me I was followed his post on A5oc and at one point an active connect subscription was required. Must have changed

That has surprised me I was followed his post on A5oc and at one point an active connect subscription was required. Must have changed

I have an active sim card / data account, but I'm not subscribed to Audi Connect. Two different things but can see it would cause some confusion. To be honest in all the reading I did on this I always had the impression that the workaround would work without a Connect subscription. Also, to be confirmed, I suspect I don't have the live traffic data - if I do thats a bonus.

Anyone got contact information for Congo?
Might be worth investigating if I decide to keep my car

I've downloaded the latest 2022/2023 maps I've unpacked on to a 64gb use drive formatted in exfat. I have 23000ee fec code installed but my unit can't find the update even if I go on to Audi connect and select update as the usb is greyed out & unavailable
Any ideas?

Problem was USB port doesn't recognise exfat. Only sdcard does. Reformatted the 64gb usb stick to NTFS & all was good

Reactions: mareklazar1
I've downloaded the latest 2022/2023 maps I've unpacked on to a 64gb use drive formatted in exfat. I have 23000ee fec code installed but my unit can't find the update even if I go on to Audi connect and select update as the usb is greyed out & unavailable
Any ideas?
Did you restart MMI?