paypal, dodgy members, reversals

@udi A3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.immotec.co.uk
It would appear that when working on a members car, part payment by paypal gift can be reversed for the hell of it leaving me out of pocket!

Just a warning to all those trying to keep prices down, it's not only the buyers at risk of not receiving goods when paying by gift.

It would appear there are some right dodgy characters about.

I should have a card machine shortly, a little more secure but of course prices have to absorb the costs.
Lovely start to the weekend!

That is awful. Was it a member on here? Name and shame

Can't name and shame for legal reasons, but wanted to warn others about paypal gifts, we all do it, it's bad news if for a non tangible goods.

Yeah it's an unfortunate thing, PayPal is a b@st@rd for siding with the wrong side - had that many times with digital products. And, I think the whole notion of a 'gift' is that the person sending money can do whatever they want with it. Next time, refund the person and don't do the work and ask for PayPal to be sent for goods and take the 1-3% hit in charges or whatever it is.

Have you seen this for on the move transactions? FREE iZettle PAYG Mobile Card Reader

Or possibly do a bank transfer them work on their car.
where you getting your card machine from? I only ask cause my mate sells them and could maybe do you a lower rate per transaction. It's not dodgy, he does it for a business so is the agent for most places in North Yorkshire, especially York and Hull buy I could certainly ask him if you wanted some more info

Reactions: kanecullen89
How does one perform this reverse of payment after sending money as gift? I may need to perform this myself in the next week!

Reactions: Andy Crooks