PayPal

arthurfuxake

Controversial & Contradictive
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
I've had a paypal account for years now, and recently all my payments have started being e-cheques. These e-cheques takes ****** weeks to clear, even though the amount is taken directly out of my bank account instantly. I've never had to pre-load my paypal account with funds, the money has always just been taken out of my bank account, so I can't understand why the payments are now e-cheques. I've had a look at the settings for my account, but I can't see anywhere to change the payment type. Anybody else know anything about this?

I got paid by an e-cheque recently, the buyer also couldn't understand why. Didn't stop her pestering me to send the item early though! It was £70 mobile so no way cheque had to clear first!

I've just sold a set of wheels to a guy who paid by echeque and said same thing as you, paypal defaulted his acct to pay this way, he paid me on 10th march and it cleared yesterday!

It may be you don't have an up to date switch / credit card registered etc check all your settings or send them an email, will be something simple

It's normal for Paypal to operate this way now, I think it appeared when Fleabay got took over, or Paypal is under new management.

Thanks dsl55, I think that's sorted it. Even though it is linked to my bank account no, it was set up to use a debit card as a secondary payment guarantee, and the card had recently expired, so paypal reverted to echeques which take ages to clear. I've removed that card, and replaced it with my new card, so hopefully it will revert back to instant payements. Thanks again, it was the push in the right direction I needed.

Nice one, it's generally something like that, echeques are a proper ball ache

Just away to say...
It's because your debit/vredit car had expired.
My g/f was caught the same way...all because her carsd had expired (same cards just a replacement) and she's not noticed and updated.