pcp

Byron Jones

Reaction score
Hi all for the last 3 days I have tried to talk to Audi finance and spent upto 40 mins on the phone each day with no answer. The question is when I pick up my new car in a few weeks time I would like to pay off the PCP as soon as possible within days, can I do this on line once I have some sort of a contract number or do I have to talk to someone as this would be all most impossible to do. many thanks

No matter what the law says, Audi finance won’t be prioritising people who want to pay off PCP with days. They make many thousands from a PCP!

I don’t know for sure, but I imagine it would take a few days to get set up for any online option. I’d just assume that phoning up would be the quickest way to sort things.

If you have been setup online and the policy is active, you can request a settlement figure online. I'm not sure if the policy will show within the initial cooling off period but I think it should do.

A couple of days after collection of my A3 back in 2019 I contacted finance by phone for a settlement fee. I was told I could have done this before collection as the date that counts was the date I signed the paperwork and not the collection date.

Colin

Hi all for the last 3 days I have tried to talk to Audi finance and spent upto 40 mins on the phone each day with no answer. The question is when I pick up my new car in a few weeks time I would like to pay off the PCP as soon as possible within days, can I do this on line once I have some sort of a contract number or do I have to talk to someone as this would be all most impossible to do. many thanks
Check your paperwork!!! My sister recently bought a new car via pcp and she has to make 6 payments before she can pay it off! Otherwise they want the manufacture deposit contribution back.

Reactions: NevMan
Check your paperwork!!! My sister recently bought a new car via pcp and she has to make 6 payments before she can pay it off! Otherwise they want the manufacture deposit contribution back.

Hmm, not surprising some are doing this

Reactions: S32B
Hmm, not surprising some are doing this
You can't blame them to be honest, still works out in my sisters favour as she got an extra £1,750 off the car she bought. I think they hope that you get used to making the low payments and just continue to do so, rather than paying it off.

A mate of mine years back worked for Dixons, he said they were always getting pushed to sell the 'Buy now and pay in 12 months time deal'. Their thinking was that in 12 months you can't pay the full amount owed, so they then hit you with interest from the day you bought the goods!!! You can imagine some people would say "Ohhh lets but a new TV, hifi, PS for the kids etc and save up to pay them off"...then they forget the saving up part lol.

Reactions: NevMan