PCW Exhausts - Modified Resonators and Backboxes

quattrorally

Reaction score
I had seen a few people mention Paul at PCW Exhausts as the go-to guy for an exhaust mod for the b9, so I thought I'd give him a shout. When I contacted him back in March, his earliest available slot was the first week of August. So be prepared for that if you're in the mood for booking. He said he would mod all 3 resonators and both backboxes. He says the mods are reversible although no one ever goes back.

Before the mods, the exhaust was too quiet for my liking. The exhaust would have some overrun pops but not really loud enough to notice them unless you were listening out for them.

The job took two hours while I waited, and it's now exactly how it should have been out of the factory. Not obnoxious, no drone at all, because the valves still function as normal and the overrun pops and bangs are sound great. The cold start is nice and throaty and overall I'm very pleased with it.

The mods are not visible from underneath the car for those concerned with warranties etc.

If you're looking for a relatively cheap exhaust mod, give him a shout.

Reactions: NevMan
Yep, Paul did the backbox on M40i, I was very pleased. Next time I may go a little further with resonators

Second this (and think I was one of the ones who recommended him). He done my S5 for me two years ago and still sounds quality, he really is a pro at why he does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Video for those who care.

Cold start, i wait for the revs to drop back down, before cycling the drive select all the way to dynamic. The valves open and there are a couple of revs up to 2k, the last rev is up to just under 3k which produces some nice pops.

Video for those who care.

Cold start, i wait for the revs to drop back down, before cycling the drive select all the way to dynamic. The valves open and there are a couple of revs up to 2k, the last rev is up to just under 3k which produces some nice pops.

Sounds spot on

^^ Milton Keynes

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: wutang200 and NevMan
Thanks i will get mine done sounds awesome

Not many of the B9 Audis though :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate, he does all sorts. If it has an exhaust, he will make it better.

I am going there on the 25th with my JCW