Pd 130 More power?

Mr_Viking

Reaction score
Hi guys i have the a4 avant with the avf engine, currently running 182.1bp @ 328.1ft-lbs Torque, mods done, de-cat, egr blank, remap, k&n filter. pretty sure everything else is stock (not 100% as bought the car like this) what would be the best mods to add to get to around 250hp?

K&Nooooooooooooooo

6 jesus wept

Higher flowing injectors and a better clutch to handle 350+ ftlb .

Or just buy a B8 3.0 tdi .

bigger turbo, FMIC,cams and head work, 150 head bolts, custom map
Was thinking either the GT2052V, bv43 or the BRD HYBRID, with a piper fast road cam and polished and ported head, already got 150 head bolts just haven't put them in yet.

K&Nooooooooooooooo

View attachment 236788

Higher flowing injectors and a better clutch to handle 350+ ftlb .

Or just buy a B8 3.0 tdi .
In my defense it was already on the car when i bought it :) any injectors you'd recommend?

Reactions: Gazwould
BV43 won't get you too 250bhp I ran one on my PD130 Passat and made around 215bhp . I am not sure about that hybrid seems to have a slightly larger compressor wheel but the turbine side is still stock and isn't that big really so EGT's will be high due to high exhaust manifold pressures.
As Gaz said above you need to look into a decent clutch as you will have issues with this. I ran a new 2.5V6 240mm clutch and it was a bit borderline at 215bhp.
People have made 300bhp with a standard cam, not sure you need that. A decent FMIC will definitely be needed as it reduces IAT's and reduces pressure loss across the intercooler .
My old Passat at Santa Pod. I think the quickest it managed was something like 14.95 93mph as quick as my mates stock FN2 type R civic

pd130 generally don't need injectors unless they've gone past 250bhp
I am planning to go past 250bhp eventually so good to know i might not need them yet.

BV43 won't get you too 250bhp I ran one on my PD130 Passat and made around 215bhp . I am not sure about that hybrid seems to have a slightly larger compressor wheel but the turbine side is still stock and isn't that big really so EGT's will be high due to high exhaust manifold pressures.
As Gaz said above you need to look into a decent clutch as you will have issues with this. I ran a new 2.5V6 240mm clutch and it was a bit borderline at 215bhp.
People have made 300bhp with a standard cam, not sure you need that. A decent FMIC will definitely be needed as it reduces IAT's and reduces pressure loss across the intercooler .
My old Passat at Santa Pod. I think the quickest it managed was something like 14.95 93mph as quick as my mates stock FN2 type R civic

Nice man, well i've now decided to sell my audi and buy the quattro version instead as i've finally found one lol, so i think my plan is now p&p head, FMIC i might go with the bv43 for now until i can make a custom manifold. Once thats done i'll add cam, wmi, +160 injectors, h-beam rods maybe pistons if i can find any and of course another turbo.

I love these painful threads .

The answer as above available in post #3 .

Quattro 3.0 tdi B8 .

Pay your mortgage to Bobby with the above hardware and hey you might aim for the stars with 600 bhp and 1000 Nm .

Sell it and put the money towards a 3.0l tdi
I love these painful threads .

The answer as above available in post #3 .

Quattro 3.0 tdi B8 .

Pay your mortgage to Bobby with the above hardware and hey you might aim for the stars with 600 bhp and 1000 Nm .
Ok so what could i get out of the 3.0 tdi with the same mods/money?

Reactions: Mr_Viking and Gazwould