pda sat nav

myzeneye

Reaction score
guys need a little help with some technical gadgetry...

gps system thingy for my old pda

i have a HP Jornada 520 windows pda ( old'ish i know, but does what i need) and i also have the tomtom software... i think i just need gps units and ive found a few on thee bay, but i dont know my **** from my elbow on this stuff....
if i list the two links, and anyone can be bothered, have a look and tell me which ones best or if there both kak !!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FZ-GPS-RECEIVER-FO...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GPS-Receiver-Car-C...1QQcmdZViewItem
cheers guys.
also , i need a charger or dock and a sync cable for this pda if any one can point me in the right direction.... the only ones i can find are as dear as a second hand complte pda with leads on ebay ???

cheers again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hey Myzeneye, you know better than to post this in the general section, should only be viewed by the techo geeks in AV, Home Cinema, Gadgets & Toys....tut tut. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ha ha ha ...
you should know i only visit the general chat anyway to catch up with my ol buddys here at asnet.!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

yeah sorry for posting it here for you guys.... i know its naughty, but still if you can help...

promise ill start an interesting/amusing post next !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif

Being a fairly old Jornada like you say, does it run tomtom ok? You can run tomtom in demo mode without a GPS reciever to see if runs ok.

The GPS reciever above should be fine for your pda.

A couple of good shops... www.totalpda.co.uk and www.pdamods.co.uk

Anand

I use used total PDA for a custom mount (worth the money over a universal IMO), and I sourced a brodit clip for the car to save drilling any holes or having a huge mass stuck to the windscreen.

I'm sure there is some pics in the B5 section...

Kev.

Here is the thread, some good pics and info.