Pedestrian crash sensor - Airbag light

HarryL

Reaction score
Hi there, I have bought an a3 earlier this month but stupidly didn't realise it had an airbag warning light :sadlike:. I have scanned with Carista and looked up the vag codes, looks like these are the codes:

9450005 - Pedestrian Protection Crash Sensor (driver's side)
B1032 15 [137] - Open or Short to Plus

9450261 - Pedestrian Protection Crash Sensor (passenger's side)
B1033 15 [137] - Open or Short to Plus

9496853 - Front Crash Sensor for Pedestrian Protection
B10E9 15 [137] - Open or Short to Plus

I was going to try to clear with Carista but given that these errors are in the context of the airbag, is there any chance that clearing the error could cause a surge in current which could set the airbags off? (I know it's a short error so there shouldn't be current flowing but setting the airbag off is the last thing I want to do).

Many thanks in advance guys!

Check if they're plugged in, 3 down would point to wiring or a possible previous accident, but no it shouldn't set any of.

Reactions: HarryL and Sibmets
i don't mean to open an old post but did you have any luck with this, as mine has just thrown up this error.

Also if anyone knows the part number for this sensor that would be helpful, as google has multiple numbers.
I don't really want to take the bumper off multiple times if i can help it

thank you all for your help

Which error, as there were 3 on Harrys car.

ooh sorry i have 9450005 - Pedestrian Protection Crash Sensor (driver's side)

attempted to get the bumper off yesterday to look but couldn't get to the front bolts, so will have to try again

ooh sorry i have 9450005 - Pedestrian Protection Crash Sensor (driver's side)

attempted to get the bumper off yesterday to look but couldn't get to the front bolts, so will have to try again
Sorry for the late reply, I’ve only just seen this. I’ve been away and am actually yet to sort this on my car. I did find this however, which may help with your part number problem. Maybe you managed to sort the sensor issue before this reply?

Attachments

• 99FA850B-0530-40E7-8186-70B3AE6B4466.jpeg
    99FA850B-0530-40E7-8186-70B3AE6B4466.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 4,996