people on EBAY

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
I am starting a temp job on monday and the agency phoned me Friday evening to tell me to bring my overalls,boots and welding mask (I'm a hairy ***** welder) but when I got the job on tuesday they never mentioned it!anyway went on ebay saw the equipment and PM'ed the seller he closed the auction and I have just come back from Walsall with the gear.
Not everyone on ebay are fleecers,there are honest people on there and I just wanted to share it

i have experience 1 ******* on ebay who gave me a negative coz i exposed his scam and he tryed to reverse it on to me coz i cought him out.

i love ebay!! i always read the feedback 1st.

Ebay is going down hill faster that i´d like to think about, I´ve got a shop on there and since sellers can no longer leave negative feedback about buyers all the scum are really trying it on. I´ve had more issues with non paying bidders and people returning stuff as faulty which they have clearly broke and tried to mend!! I´m slow switching to non pyshical goods now, I basically sell driving experiences now and thats about it.

I agree there does seem to be more time wasters on there now than ever before. Having said that, I've had pretty much 99% good experiences buying & selling. I always limit who can bid on items I'm selling with no negative strikes in last 6 months, credit card on file & PayPal account. This seems to weed out the tossers. Still don't agree that sellers can't leave negative feedback, but at least you leave negative comments.

I prefer this system of no negative feedback, takes away the whole "leave negative feedback for spite" scenario

I would agree most people on ebay are decent enough- 'bound to be the odd tosser, but i havent as yet experienced one

i have been on for over 4 years now buying and selling, and still 100% positive and 166 transactions, happy days

to be fair, mobile phone selling on ebay is best avoided, I went through a stage of flogging mobile phones on ebay and some african geezer emailed me to say his dad was some religous (sic) chieftan, and it was his birthday so he needed a phone for the weekend as a present, (bullsh*t), he was trying to get me to tell him my bank details so he could "send" me the money by western union, he even offered to pay double...

it had scam written all over it,

tip for the future....dont sell phones on ebay :icon_thumright:

to be fair, mobile phone selling on ebay is best avoided, I went through a stage of flogging mobile phones on ebay and some african geezer emailed me to say his dad was some religous (sic) chieftan, and it was his birthday so he needed a phone for the weekend as a present, (bullsh*t), he was trying to get me to tell him my bank details so he could "send" me the money by western union, he even offered to pay double...
Exactly the same thing happened to me - sold off a few genuine phones from my brother, a work colleague and myself and also got the Western Union treatment.

Haven't used eBay for a while, but overall I've had a decent buying and selling experience. There's been one or two problems to sort out, but I've still got 100% feedback and have never left a negative either.

Pleased to see a "rave" in here though - nice one.