people with a remap on the AGU engine

jay1601

Reaction score
looking at getting my 1.8T remapped. been e-mailing local companies to me, and had a few back saying that pre 2000 is harder to remap/can't be done by them

has anyone else had a problem getting thier AGU block remapped ?

Did one today that was fitted to a Golf Mk2... Bench flashed it but it did work fine... 157bhp in, 193bhp out... Current Revo deal meant it cost £99 IIRC...

<tuffty/>

i thought Revo was £300+ to have done

Can be... in the case of this transplanted golf it was a £199 remap with £100 off... AGU engine, cable throttle...

DBW are more expensive IIRC...

<tuffty/>

Yeah the 98, 99 cant be flashed from the obd port. It needs taking out and bench flashing. I was meant to have mine done on the 18th dec but due to it being older they had to take ecu out but even then my ecu was a different one and didnt have the correct harness for it boooooo still waiting for them to call me in again.

I have gone for the revo at 99 i booked mine in before xmas and it was down to them no having harness so i will still retian the discount.....i went for a rolling road b4 and after just to know really. it was good seeing the stock figures aswell.

We have had alot of customer recently who have told us exactly the same!
The AGU's can be tuned not a problem, although we have to use INOVATE to check the lambda as the AGU doesn't use wideband, which is what puts alot of tuners off!

We currently have a 30% discount on all the Custom-Code software!

I have attached a link below to the JBS website where the software for your vehicle is listed:-
Custom Code engine remap 1.8 20V T Non-DBW 150 Bhp - JBS

Hope this is of some help, and should you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to ask.

Seb Hampson
Parts/Sales Advisor.

Thanks matey, errm just noticed you have a stage 2 map for the 1.8t. whats involved in hardware upgrades for the stage 2? is it the norm tb exhaust, induction, fmic, 007p, tip etc? Revo only offer a stage 1 for this engine after that its custom. well this is what the web site tells me anyway,

I have a audi a3 1.8t sport agu engine k03 turbo. Had it re mapped in november by more bhp in crewe, could not be done via port, ecu was taken out and done on bench all for £199, a big improvement as well. votex(revo) in congleton had car for an hour only to tell me car could not be re mapped as need new map writing for it, im still waiting there promised call three months later. Drove to more bhp, car taken out on run to check everything ok, re mapped, job done, just brought a k03s, new tip, downpipe de cat, so stage 2 here we go:hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

AGU VWs can all be mapped in 90 seconds via the OBD port the just need 2 pins looping on the obd port.

Some of the first batch of AGU Audi A3s used an ecu which use a OTP (one time program) PLCC44 chip, which once the stock factory map has been flashed to the ecu, the chip lock and cannot be wrote to again. So for a tuner to remap this ecu the chip needs to be removed, then the map file wrote direct to a blank chip which is then fitted in to the ecu. Some tuners find this too much hardwork or just not got the skills to carry out such a task as the there is fine soldering work involved. This method can take upto 90mins just to get a map on to the ecu.

The next batch of AGU A3s used the same ecu as the VW Golf AGU, but for some reason Audi forgot to add one wire to the obd port which means to remap this version A3 AGU ecu the tuner has to take a +12v feed from the battery then connect this to pin43 of the ecu, this allows the ecu to be wrote via the obd port in around 60 seconds.

And like JBS said all narrow band ecus should be logged via external wideband lambda sensors to make sure they are safe with the maps. The AGU ecu will allow an engine to run full load request with a blocked fuel filter or fecked fuel pump and substain stupid lean AFRs of +17:1 any higher then a lean missfire will happen (not one of the best ecus)

Nick