Performance issues 1.8 after work

waggawagga

Reaction score
Had MoT emissions failure on 1.8 (non-turbo). Performance at this stage seemed great.

Car went to mechanic and got a new MAF, O2 sensor and temperature sensor fitted. Apparently it was throwing up errors and now all errors were gone. Also had spark plugs replaced.

Since that the car has been stuttering on acceleration. If you accelerate hard from 2nd or 3rd there is a pause in acceleration for a split second - it sometimes feels like the car is slipping on the road. This happens for a split second then it accelerates as normal but overall performance seems laggy. Putting it into 5th gear and accelerating and it is jerks as if it is about to stall.

Will be going back to mechanic but wanted to check here if anyone knew of a possible cause. Seems like it could be difficult to diagnose as no errors are showing.

Any ideas?

Hi <tuffty/>, one error was that the mass air flow sensor signal was too low and another was an issue problem with O2 sensor (can't remember exactly). Sorry can't give more details. Mechanic said no more errors were given after replacing - didn't actually see this myself but trust him.

Genuine parts used or Bosch ones from GSF etc if not or pattern parts?

<tuffty/>

Genuine parts used or Bosch ones from GSF etc if not or pattern parts?

<tuffty/>

Will have to check this and get back to you. I'd be surprised if they weren't genuine parts as mechanic had a go at me for previously having a '****** cheap MAF' from GSF.