performance upgrades for my a6 c6 lemans 3.0tdi v6

CHRIS SANDERSON

Reaction score
hi guys im looking for performance upgrades for my lemans 3.0 tdi, im hoping to achieve around the 400bhp mark. thanks

Hi Chris , Welcome to ASN. What year is your car? Do you know the engine code ?.

Hi Chris, unfortunately with the older V6 3.0 TDI such as the ASB you have a KKK BV50 turbo. These are not that great and it's difficult to upgrade them. Also if your car is an auto the gearboxes are not that great either I believe.
@bobby singh knows more about these than me as he has had dealings with them.

Reactions: bobby singh
hi guys im looking for performance upgrades for my lemans 3.0 tdi, im hoping to achieve around the 400bhp mark. thanks

I'll be tuning a early 3.0 V6 which had a BV50 unit very soon. It now has a darkside replacement so we'll see what it can do if successful it could be the unit to use. However, its a expensive unit and I'm in talks with my turbo supplier to see if something special can be done.

A few years ago I had a 2260vk working but got stuck at the IMMO stage so didn't continue. I think this should be totally fine to do with the new tools i have now (untested).

With a BV50 unit I can get you close to 300hp / 700nm, but for 400hp you need a bigger frame unit or someone who can built a decent hybrid.]

Cheers

Last edited:
I'll be tuning a early 3.0 V6 which had a BV50 unit very soon. It now has a darkside replacement so we'll see what it can do if successful it could be the unit to use. However, its a expensive unit and I'm in talks with my turbo supplier to see if something special can be done.

A few years ago I had a 2260vk working but got stuck at the IMMO stage so didn't continue. I think this should be totally fine to do with the new tools i have now (untested).

With a BV50 unit I can get you close to 300hp / 700nm, but for 400hp you need a bigger frame unit or someone who can built a decent hybrid.]

Cheers

Any update on this subject? How did the darkside turbo perform?

I’d be an interested party on swaping the bv50 on my b7, especially if it has an earlier spool than the the kkk..

Hey guys, sorry to jump on this thread, I have a 2005 v6 avant 3.0 V6 Quattro.

I just paid £2500 for all the injectors and a high pressure fuel pump.. it’s been remapped and I want to do just a little bit more... any suggestions guys?

It is unfortunate that the standard turbo on these cars isn't great and limits any meaningful increase from the standard remap. Also upgrading it isn't easy or cheap . Whe remapped the car and what is it running at ?

Cheers
Hey, Bobby, how did this Darkside Hybrid BV50 go? Do you know how the Darkside BV50 differs to the stock BV50?

Hey, Bobby, how did this Darkside Hybrid BV50 go? Do you know how the Darkside BV50 differs to the stock BV50?
I rather not say anything on a public forum but I had to rework this unit for it to be successful. However, as I mentioned many times to you now, my garrat vk hybrid converted to run on a bv50 car is the best solution and works perfectly.

Reactions: Sonnyj1
I rather not say anything on a public forum but I had to rework this unit for it to be successful. However, as I mentioned many times to you now, my garrat vk hybrid converted to run on a bv50 car is the best solution and works perfectly.
yea I understand Bobby, i'm just trying to get more understanding of all options.
I'm an engineer, I like to understand things.
I appreciate your time and input for me though!