Personal plates, check this out !

teslaboy

Mythos black RS3 8v FL
Reaction score
Now don't get my wrong by the title of this thread - but I can't stand personal plates I think they're for wags and wannabe's, but I can understand why you might have one in a very few circumstances i.e hide the year of manufacture.
BUT CHECK THIS ONE OUT.....(you might need to put browser on full screen)
And how much do you reckon this !!!!??
Looking at others on this site I reckon at least twice maybe 3x the cars value!

Upload 2017 10 2 15 52 16

If you need to ask the price ...

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I think this was for sale a few years ago and even then IIRC it was £85K.......

@teslaboy - If you dispise "private plates" so much, how come you were looking at a site selling such things? As a car nut for over 45yrs I like'em especially when the reg in some way can be associated to the car make, model, year or the business it is involved in. They have been a great thing to have been invested in over the last few years as they just continue to rise in value. Sorry if I'm too enthusiastic for'em, I'll get me anorak :)

Reactions: Terminator x
Where I live (somewhere in Hertfordshire) there are so many its a game counting them versus std plates. Mostly driven by wags and wives in big range rovers, Q7's and beamers spending their husbands hard earned cash with plenty of time on their hands !

Reactions: Evil Diesel
Only looking at them for a laugh, and the RS3 one came up - thought you guys might be interested...

Personal preference. Do get some shocking plates out there that make no sense at all! Love mine as it’s day I was born and my initials. Looks sweet on a nice car IMO

I bought a plate specifically for the New FL when it arrives..... bringing my total plates owned to 3... I’ll have to buy something to put my spare one on now... lol

Not massively expensive really. Its a 2 character, 1 number plate and RS is also a very common initial set.
There are thousands of Richard Smiths for starters.

I love the funny ones. I watch the DVLA auctions each month and usually bid on a couple.
Spookily enough I bought one for the missus only last week! A cheap one... X4 ---
Currently, after a timeless one on my initials.

RS is also a very common initial set.
There are thousands of Richard Smiths for starters

Thats strange, I mostly come across "Richard Heads" on the road........... ;)

Reactions: Bristle Hound and D0C
I keep looking for nice UFO plates. 321 UFO came up at auction so I thought I'd bid on it ... went from zero to £6k in about 10 seconds! Needless to say out of my price range :dizzy:

TX.

I keep looking for nice UFO plates. 321 UFO came up at auction so I thought I'd bid on it ... went from zero to £6k in about 10 seconds! Needless to say out of my price range :dizzy:

TX.
Someone, somewhere probably has R53 UFO which would be wicked.

Other than being a Copper, how else can one find out the listed owner of a number plate?
Would be handy to send a few offers to some owners of cool plates.