petrol cap wont open

hulland

HULLAND A2
Reaction score
hi,

Went to fill up the other day and pushed the petrol button, but it wasn't doing anything and the cap won't open.
Has anyone had this problem, if so please let me know, if possible how to sort it out.

thanks
matt

Hi

Does the locking mechanism make the opening sound but it remains shut? Or does it literally do nothing at all?

I can't remember without checking, but it may have an internal release inside the O/S/R tail light panel

it does nothing at all. Checked where you said and the motor is there, so i can force the cap open. Ill havr to take it to audi and get them to check it out.

Cool

I thought it was under the flap, so at least you can drive it and fill it up. It could be a simple connecting plug or wire. I doubt it has a separate fuse, so it may not be worth checking them but have a little fiddle about with the mechanism before you hand over your car to the dealer. Whatever you do you aren't going to make it worse so it won't cost anything to have a look, because the dealer will certainly take money from you...