Petrol Prices. More rants....

What makes it worse is when they keep giving you tips to save fuel.

Such as;-

Here are our tips for drivers:

• Look for cheap petrol promotions, particularly in supermarkets. The Cheap Petrol & Diesel guide is updated when promotions are announced.
  • Use Petrolprices.com to find the cheapest local filling station.
  • Accelerate and brake gently.
  • Turn off the air conditioning.
  • Keep your car aerodynamic by ensuring it is clean and free of its roofrack, unless in use.
  • Keep tyres properly inflated.
  • De-clutter your car to make it lighter.
Excellent advice, lets not forget that fuel keeps going up, the only thing i can do to make my car run any cheaper is too remove my f*****g engine

Maybe we should take the Chinese approach and bring the country to a standstill with a 9 day traffic jam!!!

weirdly enough even although the price is going up my local shell garage was down to 111.9p For unleaded this evening?

Not again!! Cheapest ive seen locally for unleaded is 111.9 but that was hard to find!!! Guess it wont be long til we see it over 130!!!!

My grumble is that I HAVE to use Super Unleaded - not a choice thing.....

Nice and cheap. Not.

Unfortunately, we need fuel to get by day to day! I fill with shell fuel most of the time and use my fuel card so I get the odd fuel voucher and the new 'fuel save' stuff they are selling now seems to give me a few more mpg in the last few tanks... every little helps huh?

I'm selling my car and hiring a Boris Bike.

borisc.jpg

Akbar,

Ive asked the question in the A3 forum, dont think there was many people that were for it, only reason being its a heavy conversion and to do it on an already heavy car is quite a backwards step, however, nothing stopping it being done.

I still think its a good idea, with a remap, as the extra power should cross out the extra weight??

What happened to stabilising fuel prices by raising and lowering fuel duty opposite to oil prices? I forget if it was a Lib Dem or Conservative policy.

I normally put normal shell in but they were out so had to put V power in which was 1.19 a litre which i dont mind as much cuase atleast its good fuel tescos are charging 1.17 for their watered down rubbish.

How high are we letting it get before we all fit revolving number plates like on the film The Transporter?

Not again!! Cheapest ive seen locally for unleaded is 111.9 but that was hard to find!!! Guess it wont be long til we see it over 130!!!!

Wasn,t that long after all eh sarah!

where i am its £132.9 for standard petrol and £138.9 for diesel and super chumbo..... it just keeps going up.... no matter whats said its just gonne keep "movin on up"

where i am its £132.9 for standard petrol and £138.9 for diesel and super chumbo..... it just keeps going up.... no matter whats said its just gonne keep "movin on up"
Count yourself lucky shell are charging 139.9 for regular petrol and 145.9 for diesel down here.

Its crazy looking on this thread and people moaning its 110 and 111 and now 6 months later its 135 & 140 completely crap and the government do JACK to help!!!
Oh yeh we'll freeze the duty of 1p............ thanks a bunch you out of touch jokers riding round in your massive f*** off motors whilst claiming 30p for a mars bar on expenses!!!!!!!
DIE DIE DIE
sorry I lost control a bit there but you get the drift

Its crazy looking on this thread and people moaning its 110 and 111 and now 6 months later its 135 & 140 completely crap and the government do JACK to help!!!
Oh yeh we'll freeze the duty of 1p............ thanks a bunch you out of touch jokers riding round in your massive f*** off motors whilst claiming 30p for a mars bar on expenses!!!!!!!
DIE DIE DIE
sorry I lost control a bit there but you get the drift

Funny im with you on that one dont think you lost control at all, our poor american couzins our complaining at $4 a gallon.

Exciting Update
Supermarkets Reduce Prices in Petrol Price War............................................yep 1p a litre..........yiper de dee lets all go and fill up and save 60p on a tank
It will probably cost you more to drive to the petrol station to fill up than you will save
I suppose its a start though only another 40p to come off before its reasonable: reasonable would be £1.00 litre AND EVEN THAT WILL BE TOO ****** EXPENSIVE
and will never happen so I better get used to being £1.40 odd
Crude Oil could be £10.00 per barrel and the UK motorist would still get fleeced