PFL : Flashing Traction Control Symbol / Light in Instrument Cluster

VAG_Club001

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been posted already but as above subject says, the traction control symbol / light is lighting up even at low speeds without driving under load.

Haldex Pump?

Could be, are car and gearbox up to temperature before putting load on it?
Or try turning the TC off completely and do a quick takeoff... (only front wheels working?)

This is quite common, TC is kicking in when it really doesn’t need to. One press into sport with the TC button fixes it. You won’t experience any skipping, it’s been in discussion for a while since the FL S3 was released and there doesn’t appear to be a fix.

It’s as you get on the accelerator before any power is put down even, in wet or dry.. can be annoying. If I know I’m going to be intentionally booting it in questionable conditions, I put the TC into sport in advance.

Reactions: VAG_Club001
What tyres have you got on. Mich ps4s can cause this.

What tyres have you got on. Mich ps4s can cause this.

Not on my car it doesn't, not if you run them square, its actually improved the stock staggered pirelli hypo TC issue.

I dont get why everyone on this UK forum thinks the Michelin's CAUSE the TC issues...

Y'all running staggered Michelin's?

And not every car does it either. But yes people with staggered mich ps4s do have the issue, ive gone with staggered also but havent fitted them yet

When a driver selects dynamic he disables a portion of traction control. When pressing ESC (once) even more traction control is disabled. When the traction light flashes..flashes..flashes, the car is informing the driver mistake..mistake..mistake.

Over the last year I have had four different types of tyres on my FL RS3. The flashing traction light has responded differently to each of the different types of tyres, so I believe the car is correctly sending information about the amount of traction that is available.