PFL RS3 front grill

Jordan Lingard

Reaction score
Firstly i just want to say that im new here and only posting up this thread and looking through pages and pages and trying to utilise the search function to find an answer to no avail so i'm sorry if it has been discussed before but I couldn't find it.

I have recently purchased as the title suggests a pfl rs3 which has the ACC optional extra meaning the front grill has the acc unit at the bottom rather than the "quattro" lettering, is it possible to replace the grill with an aftermarket or genuine grill that has the "quattro" lettering and either keep the unit hidden behind the new grill or would it require removing completely if its even possible to do of course,

thanks for any help in advance and again im sorry if this has already been discussed :)

Judging by the lack of response I would say no one as done this mod that you require.
The ACC front sensor probably needs to be fully visible in order for it to work with no obstacles in its field of vision.

I think you would have to either accept it as is or have the total unit un mapped from the car and replaced by the qauttro grill you reguire.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Judging by the lack of response I would say no one as done this mod that you require.
The ACC front sensor probably needs to be fully visible in order for it to work with no obstacles in its field of vision.

I think you would have to either accept it as is or have the total unit un mapped from the car and replaced by the qauttro grill you reguire.

You’d imagine if the ACC sensor could’ve been run without the need for a cut out then Audi would’ve done things that way.
VW have sussed out how to mount it higher up in the badge but that was only on the Golf FL 2017 onwards.
The next 8Y model will probably have it more discreetly hidden away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DW81
You’d imagine if the ACC sensor could’ve been run without the need for a cut out then Audi would’ve done things that way.
VW have sussed out how to mount it higher up in the badge but that was only on the Golf FL 2017 onwards.
The next 8Y model will probably have it more discreetly hidden away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thought as much, thanks for the heads up will probably leave it as is.