PFL S3 Exhaust Mods

Res delete and disconnect or code out the exhaust valves

how much effect does the res delete have on a pre face lift?

are there other total exhaust packages anyone would recommend for the pfl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gazjs
As above, I have VAGSport res delete and have coded the valves open, easily reversible as well.

Much louder than stock but is nice and quiet when needed as well.

would you expect all res deletes to have a similar sound to this on a pfl, regardless of where its bought from?

would you expect all res deletes to have a similar sound to this on a pfl, regardless of where its bought from?

Personally no. Before I purchased my VAGSport res delete I heard one with a cheap £40-£50 one on and it sounded terrible and was almost put off getting one. But I can say mine sounds much better and deeper. Highly recommend.

Reactions: pburv

I'm biased, but the Milltek system I find good. I've got the 4 100mm titanium tips.

A res delete is OK, but will not sound as good as a WELL designed cat back exhaust system...saying that the BCS res delete is a good option over standard S3 exhaust sound and does not exhibit the nasty sounds of just a straight pipe res delete, drone etc.

Reactions: Marky79 and pburv
Let’s see the tips, I went for the cerakote instead.
20190621 100448 3024x1470

I've got the BCS one with valves open, sounds awesome :) Does drone a bit on the motorway but it's worth it. Quiet when you want (efficiency mode) but stick gearbox in S and the revs sound great, disabled the soundaktor as it's all real now :)

Reactions: oli356 and pburv
Think i'm leaning towards getting the BCS res delete then.

Does anyone know of any shop in London that they have used that will fit it for me if i supply the part?

If you’re around Manchester, awesome GTI quoted me around the £100 mark to have a res delete. They’re a good place for mods on VW group cars in general.