Pfl saloon vs fl saloon rear bumper

Henda

Reaction score
Hi all

just after some clarification, i am want to upgrade the rear diffuser on my A3 sline saloon (which is a facelift version) but i am struggling to find a diffuser which is listed for the facelift (after 2016)

my question is, is there any difference between the sline bumper on a pfl and a fl saloon?

can anyone point me in the direction of a company which comes recommended for me to source a diffuser from. Its not an s3 so only has the twin pipes on the lhs (1.4tsi)

thanks in advance

Thanks for the replies, i have tried to buy one from the webpage but when you get to the page where you put your address. The UK isnt listed on their site. Has anyone bought anything direct from the site in Germany?

Just be aware that when you come to separate the diffuser from an FL bumper cover it is a right pig, the bumper has to come off, you need it on plenty of soft cloths on the garage floor, you need at least 2 people and 2 sets of trim tools and a load of patience. On the S3 bumper cover there is an additional trim in between the bumper and diffuser don't know about the Sline this doubles the number of clips and may affect how an Sline diffuser looks with an Sline bumper. from memory there are 32 clips on the S3 diffuser/bumper/trim
Take your time and work out how each clip works and gently work from one side to the other gradually easing the two pieces you are working on apart.

Thanks for the replies, i have tried to buy one from the webpage but when you get to the page where you put your address. The UK isnt listed on their site. Has anyone bought anything direct from the site in Germany?

I can’t comment on that site specifically but I have seen several other webshops have excluded UK recently - probably waiting to see how the Brexit import duty situation settles.

Just be aware that when you come to separate the diffuser from an FL bumper cover it is a right pig, the bumper has to come off, you need it on plenty of soft cloths on the garage floor, you need at least 2 people and 2 sets of trim tools and a load of patience. On the S3 bumper cover there is an additional trim in between the bumper and diffuser don't know about the Sline this doubles the number of clips and may affect how an Sline diffuser looks with an Sline bumper. from memory there are 32 clips on the S3 diffuser/bumper/trim
Take your time and work out how each clip works and gently work from one side to the other gradually easing the two pieces you are working on apart.
I can't say about the saloon bumper/diffuser, but removing the s-line diffuser on my FL sportback took just a few minutes. I didn't remove the bumper.