PFL Sports Exhaust valve rattle

spc30

Reaction score
I'm sure I've seen someone here with the same issue. The valve rattles all the time, touch the spindle for the valve with a screw driver and it stops.
I lubed it which helped but not for long.
Has any one with a PFL RS3 managed to fix it or ultimately am I looking at a replacement back box?
Discovering a few rattles a squeaks on this car (behind the steering wheel, open pan roof) but wow the performance. The quickest cars I've had before this were a Mk3 Focus RS and a BMW M140.
The RS never felt that quick considering it's 350 ish hp, not like this RS3. The M140 was close but this feels on another level. It's stock too. Just loving it and the sound, damn!

On squeaks: The amount the FL RS3 rattles (sun-roof, interior rattles, general poor NVH) has had me close to selling. I've been around the car with sticky-back felt, silicone lube, foam padding ... all sorts. It rattles like an old black cab when you are on a rough road. I was in a new-ish Octavia the other day and that was really well damped and nothing rattled. The RS3/A3 is certainly lacking some German NVH refinement wrt interior plastics/seals rattling.