Phone prep removal and double din conversion

Thom Cottrell

Hi all,

So I should be picking up my A4 Avant 2005 2.0TDI tomorrow and it has the phone prep attached to the centre console.

I want to remove this phone prep as I have a iPhone 6 Plus and if I end up with holes after I'd like to cover them up.

I've looked on eBay and seen you can get a replacement centre console cheap'ish but how do I know if it will fit my A4? I have navigation controls on my centre console next to the hand brake, will this be problematic? And would you say this is easy to replace?

My next question is, if I replace the centre console I'd like to covert the single din to a double din but can't find a cheap bracket to do this. Is this also difficult to do?

Sorry if this is asking to much, but I hate the phone prep thing.

Thanks

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
PM you chap...

martin1984

Hi good luck with your new motor as ive read you other thread i dont know about the phone cradle but doing the sigle to double is easy a bit of time is needed i have a link of how to. Youll find the part you need is cheaper from audi than second hand. the climate control you can cut down to fit or look for a cheap double din one.

martin1984

First part look ok if you have arm rest or are plaining to fit second you can get from audi for a bit cheaper brand new try mike in parts request for a price.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Thom Cottrell

I already have he arm rest in the car so yeah hats fine.

As for the second part I've got the double dim climate control or steady I think it's double.

I'll try the parts section for it too.