Phone prep removal

Pedro_keil

Reaction score
After having the new toy for a couple of weeks its time to start playing and pulling things apart (and hoping I can put it back together again).

Basically I want to remove the physical phone prep from the centre console as I'm using the bluetooth. and the blank holder looks really sh!te just sitting there.
Firstly can I remove the holder and not effect the bluetooth functionality and secondly is there a kit or way of filling in the HUGE whacking great holes in the dash??

Hi,

There are two types of phone prep; one has a cradle concealed inside the armrest, the other has a humoungous ugly cradle bolted to the side of the centre console on the passenger side. I'm guessing from your description that you have the latter. If so, then mine had the same arrangement when I went to view it, and I asked the supplying dealer if it could be removed. They said it could, but that it would leave two big holes in the side of the console, and there was no way of plugging them invisibly.

In the end, I managed to negotiate the fitment of a new console, so no holes. Someone else will probably be able to explain how to remove the cradle but only proceed if you're willing to have the exposed holes on the console.

You can replace that area of the console, but as said it will leave holes for now until replaced.

Was kind of hoping that having the latter wouldn't mean having a couple of peep holes left behind.
Cheers for the info and I'll get looking for a replacement console I might even look at making some sort of temporary bung / cover for the holes to to get rid of the bracket.

Only other option is to plastic weld it, sand down, paint, but thats a bit of effort & may be obvious.

Probably too much effort if it ends up being noticable. Although It'll probaly look better than the bracket and the bungs if I do it as a temp fix..............