PIAA platinum white bulbs

Pipsqueak

Reaction score
Due to being skint I can't afford a planned headlight upgrade. So I was wondering if anyone had used PIAA platinum white bulbs and are they any good??

Manufacturer: PIAA
Model: Platinum White
Part Number: H-284
Bulb Type: W5W WEDGE
Bulb Wattage: 5w=10w
Bulb Voltage: 12v
Number of Bulbs: 2 x W5W
Road legal? Not E Marked
Retail Price inc VAT & Del: £16.59

Yes very good, i had the on my golf and they are really worth the premium.

Had them a few years ago on my old car they look great and produce a nice colour of light, but only lasted a few months, i tried a few piaa bulbs and they dont last so not really worth the money tbh

I bought some very similar chrome mirror H363 w5w bulbs from PIAA for over £20, fitted them, them took them straight off as they were so blue and dim. I should have checked the bulks K temperature description more closely!

Got some LED ones for a much more reasonable £9 off the Bay & they're so much whiter and brighter.

Thanks all. I'm thinking LED sidelights. Sooooo not knowing much about headlight bulbs, is there such a thing as an LED headlight/full beam bulb??

Yes there is and they're both illegal in UK !

In any event, unless the car has specifically designed and approved projector lights (for use with led's) they don't work because the lumen output is insufficient to project the light output far enough.