Picked up the S3 today :) ( lots of pics )

Sock

Shark in a Goldfishes clothing
Reaction score
Picked up my S3 today so though I would also share a bit of my car history.

First 'Real' car was my much loved Mondeo ST220. Brilliant car and sounded awsome with a Milltek cat back exhaust and K&N induction kit. 232bhp but only 210lb torque so you had to thrash it for it to perform at its best lol

DSC00476.jpg

DSC00483.jpg

DSC00487.jpg

Next up was my 2nd Mondeo, an ST TDCI. Again a fantastic car and got great improvements with some of the monds, Decat & straight through JP exhast, Airtech intercooler ( it was massive lol ) and a remap got it to 191bhp with a wopping 380lb torque and boy did she pull!

Full tank on a long run would get you 700 miles and I really did not want to sell but was let down badly by local ford dealer and never really recovered from the ordeal.

DSC00162.jpg

DSC00163.jpg

DSC00164.jpg

Both Mondeos had Eibach springs fitted and for £100 they were an excellent handling improvement.

Then came the Audi A3 170 TDI S-Line. Only owned for 4 months but was a great car but not good pon fuel and could not get on with the auto gear box. Bluefin made a good improvement on an already quick car and overall I was pleased with it.

f919412b.jpg

545895ac.jpg

And now due to a promotion and doing a lot less miles I have returned to being a petrol head :)

S3 in Phantom black. This car is brilliant ( that assement is based on the last 5 hours of driving it lol ). Great performance, looks and feel and IMO money well spent.

8ad83395.jpg

4d7c582f.jpg

408340b8.jpg

12f78dc8.jpg

Gadgets are: Sat Nav, Sunroof, Xenons and adaptive lights?, Interior light pack, Come home light thingys and the usual Power fold mirrors etc.

Mods planned so far are Bluefin and change a few bulbs etc.

Thats me. :)

as ash said loving the old cars my sister has got a 155 mondeo but an ghia x but still a awesome car , and very good on juice , oh and loving the S3 enjoy it

nice car and in the best colour ;)

out of curiosity why you going with bluefin? and what bulbs you changing?

Got bluefin already from the a3 I sold and soup and chips are resetting it for free for the S3 :D

Going to change the DRL's as they are that horrible yellow colour, also I like to change the interior lights to a different colour ( blue looked Awsome in the Mondeo with the cream interior ) so will look into doing the same.

Gonna try a bit of general maintenance tomorrow to see if anything could do with a clean up lol

ah fair enough, just wondered as bluefin isnt the most popular of choices for the S3

i know what you mean about the DLRs depending on how much you want to spend, the best ones going, if sticking to conventional bulbs are PIAA's but they are pretty expensive!

general maintenance already... get in it and drive it ;) haha most the country will be watching the wedding so youll have some nice empty roads!!

Lol sounds good as long as pc plod ain't about!

Don't suppose u have a link where I can look at those bulbs ?

I have my daughter tomorrow as her mum is hosting a party for the oldies at the nursing home she works at for the wedding so won't have time for a blast out but going up to Matlock on Saturday :)

Last edited:
Looks a nice car... Facelift the rear lights will tidy the back end!!

Nice car dude!! S3s are awesome! U will love it!

Congrats sock,

Very good read and love the S3!

Keep us updated with your progress on the car with plenty of pics. :thumbsup:

Cheers folks and big thanks Jungleman!

Manage to get me mum to babysit for an hour so I'm off out!

no worries, glad to help

good man, go find some good roads and give it some stick! but remember to watch out for the :busted_cop: lol

Drive out tomorrow then if the weather is ok a spot of detailing I think on Sunday :)

Get some chromed indicator bulbs in that car stat! :)

Chrome bulbs for where?

Had it two days and love it.

One question, can you adjust the Hight of the clutch peddle as it sits a little higher than the brake peddle and does seem to have a lot of travel from top to the floor?

Chromed indicator bulbs. They get rid of that awful orange look.

Before and after pics below:
comparison.png

Similar results on the side and rear of the car.
They're still road legal and still flash orange.

Last edited: