Picked up the S5 today

robtaylors

Reaction score
Well today was the last day in my 2016 A5 Special Edition Plus 2.0tdi in ibis white with every option on it, lowered / remapped / steering wheel retrimmed, my missus was gutted when I drove off this morning

I really did think I was going to miss this car as I have spent a lot of time and money on it but to be honest as soon as I saw the S5 on the forecourt I didn’t look back, the S5 is also a cab and also Ibis white with black wheels so visually it doesn’t look that much different to my old car, I got the garage to take off the H&R springs and spacers off the old car so I can sell the springs on, they kindly fitted the spacers and re-balanced the wheels after so the wheels don’t look lost in the arches.
I cannot believe how nice the S5 drives and how good the exhaust sounds stock ! I was looking for exhaust mods before I even bought the car but I really don’t think I’m going to bother, the power delivery is lovely and the car pulls really well, the ADS is a nice touch and the exhaust sounds awesome in dynamic mode,
Really happy with the car and I’m sure I will enjoy the extra performance over my old 2.0tdi, mods wise not sure what I will do but for now just a few black touches I think, paint rear diffuser and side skirts gloss black,
Possibly a remap in the summer, a little put off by the high prices though to be honest,

Rob

Reactions: JohnM100, Macdoon, Sandra and 1 other person
Your sounding really happy with the car so far Rob. Look forward to a few pics. Enjoy the car to the max. :)

Reactions: robtaylors
Discussion Starter • #6 4 d ago

So had an opportunity to spend a couple of hours on the new car, I had a V2 Maxton Front Splitter that was going to go on the old A5 but thought I would wait for the S5, rather than just Chuck a few self tappers into the bumper thought I would do it properly I took the front bumper off and nut and bolted it to the underside of the bumper,
Anyone thinking of doing this make sure the countersunk bolts are on the inside of the bumper and the washer/nuts on the outside otherwise the bumper won’t go back on right as the nuts won’t clear the underside quite pleased with it and totally changes the look of the front

Also changed the badges to black
tidied up the rear, cleaned up tail pipes,
not sure what I’ll do next to be honest as pretty happy with it as is

Reactions: Swanny356, Kayobong and daytonamart
Lovely looking car mate!

Ooh that’s nice - Good choice.

A black / carbon boot lip spoiler would look great with that front splitter and those wheels.

Same with the side skirts.

Hate to tell you but the exhaust soundtrack is all fake on the S5. It's just a rumble speaker. I thought it only contributed a little but I turned mine down to 50% and it is pretty much all the noise gone.

The only good thing is turning it down 50% made the car much much faster. When I have the W.I.F.E module active I would get a *tuting* sound when accelerating. That noise is almost gone now..... Almost.. but it is much better now and the car is definitely faster before the noise returns.

Hate to tell you but the exhaust soundtrack is all fake on the S5. It's just a rumble speaker. I thought it only contributed a little but I turned mine down to 50% and it is pretty much all the noise gone.

The only good thing is turning it down 50% made the car much much faster. When I have the W.I.F.E module active I would get a *tuting* sound when accelerating. That noise is almost gone now..... Almost.. but it is much better now and the car is definitely faster before the noise returns.
Is this true of the B8 V8 S5? I can't imagine the sound is artifical on my S5 and can't find any info on it for pre 2013 cars.