Pics of civic jordan

Reaction score
Alright folks i took some pics of my mates civic today (was bored and just got a digi camera)

Some may recognise it from the Rolling Road day at Star.

Front-side.jpg

Interior.jpg

Engineside.jpg

Side-Rear.jpg

What you all think?

I think it looks really cool as civics go i use to own one like (not as modded though) that and it brings back some good memories. He has done a great job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ok a more structured response as I feel guilty of being a little lame in the one above...

Loose the bad boy colour, the picnic table (spoiler), the yellow cellotape on the headlights and the "I look like i've scraped into a park bench" sideskirt look.

The fact that your freind has givin the rear bumpers the ability to vent the what exactly and not at the front brakes say for example is rather puzzling to me.

IMO that would be added to the barrys car thread in general chat.

I tried.

The positive parts are the clean engine bay, the interior is quite nice (loose the yellow still) and the rims are respectable.

Some people are just jealous!!

Sure it would smoke your A3!!

Dont even put a pic of your car just of your cat!! and dont say what A3 you have on your profile.

Probably a 1.6 or a 1.8 and it will be pushing no where near his 180bhp from his 1.6vtec

All 500 of them made came yellow he didnt spray the car that colour.

Rims are respectable? i would say OZ's are pretty damn good not quite the quality of RS4 replicas though. And look behind the rims...nice Tarox 6pots.

But thanks for the response.

I drove my civic for 3 years... i loved it...performance was fantastic you coud redline to over 7000RPM it was very responsive....its a very reliable car nothing went wrong with it in 3 years and i absolutley thrashed mine! Alot of other car manufacturers should take note including Audi!! I just hope my A4 and any other car i get in the future has the reliability which the civic gave me. You cant knock jap cars they are just fun to drive...not ment to be serious but just fun in a very boyish sort of way. I would recommend that car to anyone as a first car as mods are easily attained and very easy to carry out on your own. Dont get me wrong im ****** glad i drive my A4 now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

NeverSayDie is BAAAACCCCK!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Welcome back mate.

I think if you post a pic or your (mates) car and ask for comments you should expect both positive and negative comments...

On an Audi site (even though there are quite a few imolas) i'd expect most people would be more conservative in their attitudes towards some of the mods done on that civic. Not all but maybe a small majority.

10 years ago - maybe (although yellow was never my colour) but now...i'm in a 'boring' black S3.

I love the wheels and would get a similar look to upgrade my S3 standards.

The engine bay looks good.

But the interior isn't cohesive in design enough for me. eg. i still don't want to change my S3 head unit because nobody makes a headunit which REALLY goes (Becker maybe).
All those different style buttons, nevermind colours and the silver round the dials. It all good bits but maybe a wee bit more thought on how they go together.

Hopefully somebody will come along next and love the car!!:)

[ QUOTE ]

What you all think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very cool, Vtecs are pretty awesome and the outside looks (I forgot how to spell exterour) are nice as well.....

Also, I love the Datsun Cherry interiour centre console..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Not my cuppa tea i prefer my cars to be a bit more understated.
i had a v-tec crx and loved it!

[ QUOTE ]
What you all think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow - you asked for my opinion not for my comparison Soupie!

Its not a case of weather it will beat my car (im not wanting to race nor even mentioned the performance - im sure it will do what it says).

My opinion was that I think it looks crap!

You did ask.

Thanks Ian L - yes Im back and a little slow to respond to some of my fragmented posts.

Oh and believe - LOL - I cant stress this enough... Im not jealous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

I would rather be seen trying to drive a **** than that; see you got my offensive side out in me now, I was attacking the subject not you or your freind!

Everyones taste is diffrent - thank god!

Post whore time,

My cat is my cat - people like my cat BTW.

My A3 is indeed a 1.6 with a engine mod to boot by summer so I'm not assamed to admit that.

My mods so far which is in preperation for the engine are:

18" RS4 (not essential but youll agree - gorgeous)
Miltek Full stainless exhaust
Koni SSK with H&R springs

To do:
Brembo Big brake conv.
1.8T 20V 225BHP engine from either TT or S3
IHI turbo
AMD remap

I think Ive said enough, Ill even take you out for a ride when its done by AMD in the summer, seeing as you want to get personal with me!

[ QUOTE ]
Post whore time,

My A3 is indeed a 1.6 with a engine mod to boot by summer so I'm not assamed to admit that.

To do:
Brembo Big brake conv.
IHI turbo
AMD remap

I think Ive said enough, Ill even take you out for a ride when its done by AMD in the summer, seeing as you want to get personal with me!

[/ QUOTE ]

Would it not just be cheaper to buy a S3, or is it the enjoyment of planning all the mods and seeing your car transformed that appeals?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Post whore time,

To do:
Brembo Big brake conv.
IHI turbo
AMD remap

[/ QUOTE ]

Would it not just be cheaper to buy a S3, or is it the enjoyment of planning all the mods and seeing your car transformed that appeals?

[/ QUOTE ]

The latter i presume. Theres *NO* fun in just buying a car.... Thers something about having it done/doing it yourself. I'd do it myself for the sense of achievement. Besides, it'll be more fun than a S3.

Rich

As always myself and Rich will always agree on this, this topic has been speculated enough before, so I will say, its going to be done, and the price is right. It will be much more enjoyable to kick an S3 in the butt in my A3 than buy an S3.

[ QUOTE ]
As always myself and Rich will always agree on this, this topic has been speculated enough before, so I will say, its going to be done, and the price is right. It will be much more enjoyable to kick an S3 in the butt in my A3 than buy an S3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, but do you have any plans for the interior of exterior apart from the RS4s - the standard 1.6 fare is pretty bad.

What about a traction control system?

Yeah i would just buy a S3 cos it has all the body work and interior to match and with all the money saved would buy a few mods.
And trying to get insurance would probably be harder and the resale value would probably be quite a lot less.

Rich weve been here befor havnet we /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Ok for the last time:

Insurance on it once converted is great - as long as I get the work validated by a profesional, then my insurance are happy to give me an slight increase in my Premium, and believe were talking under £300.

Resale, well all I can say is what re-sale? I'm not insane to spend some money on a car, get bored with it and then want to sell my pride and joy. I'm keeping it in short.

S3, S3, S3, what about them? Comman as the next Golf in comparison to seeing an A3 modded like mine will be. I agree that the body work will not be the same; look at RichA3turbo's car, does that look sh!t? Nope it does not. He has adapted it to suit his needs, taste and what resources he could get at the time, he has not made his car look like an S3 but an hybrid, which IMO is better than being a sheep.

mahhhhhhhhh to all you who disagree. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Fair enough, but do you have any plans for the interior of exterior apart from the RS4s - the standard 1.6 fare is pretty bad.

What about a traction control system?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Im currently looking for either a) a retrim in Leather or b) a new/second hand interior - we'll see, but engine is far more important to me that what I sh!t myself on due to the exsesive speed the car will produce!

Take one Honda Civic, add a bad boy body kit, dechromed alloys, and make it look like a banana. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

Priceless! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
And not even a motorsport one or anything (caractere).

[/ QUOTE ]

Have a look at the price of the Caractere stuff then say that. It's quality stuff.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah i dont know how that guy can slag about putting kits on cars when he put a kit on a A3 it says in his bio. And not even a motorsport one or anything (caractere). The one on the civic is a Mugen one. At least a well know make.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to offend Soupie, all i said was a bad boy bodykit.

If i had said the front looks like it could be used as a snow plow, the skirts looked like steps for the side of a tram, the spoiler looked like a handle for a ski-lift and the rear bumper looked like it had an accident with 3 jigsaws celotaped together then that would be slagging it-off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

But i don't mean you take any offense by all this tongue-in-cheek humor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

And as for the caractere kit, it was very cheap because it was on the car when bought.

[ QUOTE ]
Take one Honda Civic, add a bad boy body kit, dechromed alloys, and make it look like a banana. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

Priceless! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly. I will guarantee that my car gets alot more attention than any standard (and most modded also) would...and were not talking from spotty teenagers who own chavevd up novas... people who actually know their cars, and have taste! I've been stopped in a supermarket car park and congratulated on 'a job well done' by one bloke (must have been in his 50s too).

[/ QUOTE ]

He should have gone to specsavers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

just out of curiosity what sort of money are you going to spend for the engine conversion? I'm currently thinking about doing the same thing to by baby as shes only a 1.6 as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

What sort of work would be required and what other parts would i need?

Would i need to change the running gear? and would the engine mount in?

I've got a basic idea as to what parts i'd need but not entrely sure!! Heres my list of parts needed:

Engine
ECU
Speedometer
Gearbox?
Keys!!
Lock Set

Any help would really be appreciated!!

CHeers

Tariq

.....erm i think i'll give it a miss for at least 6 months! I really cant spare the cash at the moment.....I'll hopefully have the money available in 6 months time. I'd also love to see your car in the flesh when its done.

Plus if i liked your car i'd be willing to leave you some money so you could organise mine as well and abviously pay you money as well for your efforts!!

if your interested than is.....? However thats provided i reach my targets for the next couple of months

cheers

Tariq

always fancied 1 of these infact id forgotten about them - lovely cars imo