Pics of the new purchase

col6821

Reaction score
December 2004 A3 Sportback 3.2 Quattro Sport...
Just the ones off the dealer web page for now, including one of the aftermarket HU (which I didn't think I'd like, but sounds remarkably good and has Nav).

No prizes for guessing the dealer, all the clues are in the pictures :)

201018358154701-1.jpg

201018358154701-3.jpg

201018358154701-8.jpg

201018358154701-9.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Col

Mate, the HU is just wrong.

You cant have a lovely double din cage and fit a single din!!!
It just looks wrong for me

Lovely car though.

Mate, the HU is just wrong.

You cant have a lovely double din cage and fit a single din!!!
It just looks wrong for me

Lovely car though.

I didn't like the HU to start with, but it looks better in the flesh (honestly!). I was planning on fitting a double din adapter, but the handmade one in there is much better quality than the Halfrauds ones.

Just need to find the rest of the gubbins now, I've go no idea who installed it, or why, as looking at the price of this a genuine unit could have been fitted...

I don't understand what the deal is with RNS-E... I had a loaner S3 with it for a few weeks and hated the retarded control system from the start. I guess that is one of the reasons loads of them are for sale these days ;)

A good aftermarket 2-din HU is the way to go IMHO

RNS is win win win, cuz its oem and just sits in the dash perfectly, it doesn't look aftermarket and stick out like a sore thumb - OEM FTW

I didn't like the HU to start with, but it looks better in the flesh (honestly!). I was planning on fitting a double din adapter, but the handmade one in there is much better quality than the Halfrauds ones.

Just need to find the rest of the gubbins now, I've go no idea who installed it, or why, as looking at the price of this a genuine unit could have been fitted...

why fit a double din adapter youre prepped for double already go rns-e!

Agreed, the RNS-E just sits so right in the dash, if it was possible to have the front of the rns-e and the internals of a nice alpine unit then that would be :wub:.

Im just going to run my rns-e through a processor.

I knew the HU would create some active debate :)
The rest of the car is superb though, just as expected, I've had a 3.2 TTR before but that was a manual, the DSG box puts the car in another league...

Can anyone recommend a good window tinter in the Midlands area, and what degree of tint I should for for from the B Pillars back?

Cheers

Col