Pics of your first car

Gill ZB

Reaction score
ok - so who has pics of their first car?! Some of us older dudes didn't have mobile phones to take pics with ....so historical footage obtained by 'proper ' and disposable cameras (remember those dodgy things?! ) is hard to come by ....here's my contribution ....dodgy 80s fashions and a Datsun sunny estate - passed my test the morning after my 21st - in the afternoon I got this motor - via a scrappy! Never been without a set of wheels since!!! Though this was my first car - my real truly loved first car was my Mk 5 Cortina - bought 2 months later.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 147
Reactions: Jake 61, Ghost, 45bvtc and 1 other person
OK, not me but RS3copilot in 1967 (not telling how old she was then but it was 12-months later we got married and still are :friends:) with our 1959 Rover 60; paid £50 for the car, a lot of money in 1966 - had to give up smoking just to save the money...

Judith and Rover 1967 ASN

Kept the car for 12-months before moving on to a 1964 Triumph Spitfire, Frogeye Sprite, GT6, and so on... :racer:

And here's what the rest of the car (not mine) would have looked like:

Rover 60

A lot of motor car for £50 with full leather upholstery, bench seat in the front so you didn't need to get in the back...

Sorry, too much information :whistle2:

Reactions: Jake 61, Gill ZB and Ghost
This was my first car that was in my name.

It was only a poxy 1.3, but tarted up to look like a GTI, with big bore exhaust and booming bass box in the boot! I was living the dream through university in this, and I met my GF, now wife, driving this beast! Ahh the memories.

I loved this car, I sold it to my cousin for 500 quid as a run about, as it was just parked up, and he got 2 years out of it before selling it to a guy up the road for £450! £50 depreciation over 2 years!! I saw it a few more times, running chrome window tints, and a bent front wing for a year or so, then it just disappeared... probably to the scrappers! :(

07418D6A-EFC2-49BF-B6E0-33A31B173DCE-35500-0000116983AEC608.jpg

Reactions: Jake 61, 45bvtc and Gill ZB
OK, not me but RS3copilot in 1967 (not telling how old she was then but it was 12-months later we got married and still are :friends:) with our 1959 Rover 60; paid £50 for the car, a lot of money in 1966 - had to give up smoking just to save the money...

View attachment 90874

Kept the car for 12-months before moving on to a 1964 Triumph Spitfire, Frogeye Sprite, GT6, and so on... :racer:

And here's what the rest of the car (not mine) would have looked like:

View attachment 90875

A lot of motor car for £50 with full leather upholstery, bench seat in the front so you didn't need to get in the back...

Sorry, too much information :whistle2:
Wow!! Thankyou for sharing ! What amazing pics !! Lovely to see old pics and hear the story behind them - how lovely :relaxed:...fantastic

Reactions: 45bvtc
This was my first car that was in my name.

It was only a poxy 1.3, but tarted up to look like a GTI, with big bore exhaust and booming bass box in the boot! I was living the dream through university in this, and I met my GF, now wife, driving this beast! Ahh the memories.

I loved this car, I sold it to my cousin for 500 quid as a run about, as it was just parked up, and he got 2 years out of it before selling it to a guy up the road for £450! £50 depreciation over 2 years!! I saw it a few more times, running chrome window tints, and a bent front wing for a year or so, then it just disappeared... probably to the scrappers! :(

07418D6A-EFC2-49BF-B6E0-33A31B173DCE-35500-0000116983AEC608.jpg
Hahaha!!! Awesome!! Love it :tearsofjoy:crying laughing at the big boom box and bean can exhaust !! Kid up my road has a Subaru - similar thing going on haha!!! And I bet your wife was dead impressed - happy ending all round apart from the GTi wannabe - gone to the big scrappy in the sky :pensive:- great pic !!

Reactions: 45bvtc
Chryser Avenger 3 door 1300cc was my first car

Exactly like this, but alas not mine. Camera's weren't invented then lol

talbot-avenger-10.jpg

Reactions: 45bvtc, jojo and Gill ZB
Chryser Avenger 3 door 1300cc was my first car

Exactly like this, but alas not mine. Camera's weren't invented then lol

talbot-avenger-10.jpg

wow !! Haven't cars changed!!! In our lifetimes ! - wonder what the cars in 20 yrs time will look like!!!

Reactions: 45bvtc and Bristle Hound
The Datsun sunny was my first car but it never meant as much to me as my Mk5 Cortina - 1.6L - nothing fancy and as solid as a brick (apart from the wheel arches and sills that rusted like mad!) I adored that car - spent hours messing about under the bonnet with a Haynes manual doing more damage than good! And he polished up a treat - everything went wrong that could - head gasket, water pump, alternator, starter motor ....I learned so much from the AA guys who were on first name breaking down terms with me!!! But I loved that Cortina - pics attached - my ex with Cortina at Marsden Rock car park - and my first wedding (same guy) - with Cortina appropriately decorated!!! My poor dad was mortified - my mam thought it was a hoot!! Miss my mam and dad and Cortina so much .....in the scrapyard in the sky now I imagine ...happy days :relaxed:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 110
Reactions: Jake 61 and 45bvtc

My First Car + Boy Racer mindset = Questionable decisions >

6.jpg

Older more wiser me wishes I saved more of my money :flushed:

Reactions: Gill ZB
My First Car + Boy Racer mindset = Questionable decisions >

6.jpg

Older more wiser me wishes I saved more of my money :flushed:

Oh we've all been there! Hindsight is a wonderful thing!! Bet you loved it at the time and felt great revving the engine at traffic lights haha!:tearsofjoy:Back in the day it was the XR3i and XR2i that all us boy/girl racers wanted! I had an XR3i (or rather ex hubby wanted it and I stupidly part exed my beloved Cortina:disrelieved:) - got it on the Friday and it was nicked on the Saturday ! The dodgy garage had a hand in that i think ....I have pics of all my cars apart from that awful XR3i....it was like being in a go-cart and you could feel every bump in the road!