Pics Of Your Lowered B6

-chris-

Reaction score
Hi i now have my 19s sorted but before i put them on i am going to lower my car but unsure how much to lower it :think: could you guys post pics up of yours with wheel size,how much your car is lowered and what suspensiion setup you are running :rockwoot:

Chris:friends:

Here is a photo of mine, running on 19" RS4 alloys with Bilstein PSS9 coilovers and RS4 rear anti roll bar. Dropped by approx 60mm (but this is adjustable to whatever you want)

coilover.jpg

DSCF1847.sized.jpg

DSCF1822.sized.jpg

KW_3.sized.jpg

KW_4.sized.jpg

Audi_Driver_International_2008.sized.jpg

Mine, using KW V1 coilovers. The RS4 rear ARB is a must too :thumbsup:

:kissmyrings:

You need to carefully consider how much you want to spend, and what affect the lowering will have on the handling.

If you lower the car excessively (and some of those images above seem to be verging on that) you start to encounter problems. The A4 has a pretty decent suspension setup, so the geometry issues arent as pronounced as they would be on a car with Mac Struts, however, if you lower it too much, the one big issue is that you'll run out of travel on the shocks, meaning you'll bottom them out under certain circumstances (or all the time if you go too extreme).

The last thing you want when you hit a pot hole half way round a corner when your driving a little to fast, is the suspension to bottom out, as once that happens, all the control over the wheels contact with the road disappears, along with the control of the car, as you head towards the hedge...

The other thing to take into consideration is budget. If your wanting to spend say £400, you'll get a much better end result fitting a set of Eibach springs and Bilstein B6's than you will fitting a £400 set of coilovers. I'd say that unless your prepared to spend 700-800quid or more on something like the PSS9's or KW V1/2's as the other folk in this thread have, then forget coilovers and fit an Eibach Pro-kit and a set of Bilstein B6 shocks.

yup deffo looking at going down the eibach springs and upgrade shockies i am looking to have the look where there is not much gap between the arches my worry is that when i put my 19s on the car it will sit like a 4x4 so i will have to try the wheels on and seen how it sits. thanks for the advice and pics guys

Here is a photo of mine, running on 19" RS4 alloys with Bilstein PSS9 coilovers and RS4 rear anti roll bar. Dropped by approx 60mm (but this is adjustable to whatever you want)

coilover.jpg
hi mate your car looks superb,where did you get your number plates and surrounds from?
cheers matt

you can get them from dubmiester mate or the plate man

Slight change of topic, BUT Bubstar how did you get so many thanks and give so many??? LOL

sworks car looks ace and thats the rims i have to go on mine what tyres do you run on them been told a few sizes 215s for a nice strech 225s or 235s for no strech?

i'm running 215's for alot of stetch, problem is is have kerb the wheels a few times just driving off kerbs which annoying as i haven't actually kerbed them in the normal sense

mine are the 9" wide version not the 8.5.s

I've got 225/35/19 on my bentley continental gt wheels and the stretch is slightly less

looking into getting an RS4 ARB as i see you guys reccommend it wheres best to buy it from?? Audi??

looking into getting an RS4 ARB as i see you guys reccommend it wheres best to buy it from?? Audi??

I was quoted yesterday of £143.75 inc vat for supply and fitting by a local audi approved garage. Sent a few emails of to Audi garages themselves for quotes but nothing back yet.

Only V-maxx COs but drives well, Powerflex bushes made a huge difference!

Attachments

• IMG_20211016_073350.jpg
    IMG_20211016_073350.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 66