Picture of storm the night 28-06-05

bravepilot

Reaction score
Anyone else have a storm quite like this?:

11200808342721511688_1_web.jpg

Yep..... T'was lighting the whole sky up..... Didn't get any pics though

The above was the best on I got... 20 second exposure trying to pre-empt when the lightening would happen and where... what a nightmare! Good thing my camera's digital as there would have been yards of wasted film.

nice photo...
did you know, lightening occurs somwhere in the world every six seconds..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Quality pic BP - nice work.

I just got a replacement for my broken camera; and I was pretty unimpressed to find the longest exposure time is 15 seconds - the much lower-spec Minolta D'image Z1 it replaces even had a B-Stop function. I think I'm going to miss that on stormy nights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Have you got a hi-res version of the pic you shot anywhere?

Regards,

Rob.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers... I'll upload a pic of higher quality and let you know (cannot do this from work)... my camera's top spec is 5 mega pixel, but normally does the trick... good little Sony DSC-V1... amazing camera for it's type, and considering it is not SLR... SLR digital is still a little on the pricey side for my liking!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yep it took my broadband and cable TV out!

First early night in ages LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

These are the occasions that small towns have population explosions... :)

[/ QUOTE ]

Like the time that NY had a 3 day black out about 20 years ago... there now seems to be a huge number of 19 year olds in NY! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif