Pins don’t come out

Fraysa

Reaction score
I got a pin fishing tool for a 4 pin connector. I push it in, I hear a click but the pin only comes out about 20%.

Anyone used this tool successfully before?

95ce4ebc5e00dcd359ec8215243ac021.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connector pins are secured within their related connector housings via tabs, some a single tab but most double. The following is an example of a 009 connector pin which has a single tab:

C8E19723 0B50 4BFF A5A6 1D8592FD05B7

Tabs are basically bent bits of metal. The following is an example connector housing:

93EDB5ED 9BD8 4CBA 8922 0BFBDF133AE3

The red highlight is the default locking position for a tab. What’s the yellow highlight? This type of connector has an additional securing mechanism, a plastic flap and locks in to place and stops the connector pins from pulling out. Why highlight this? In order to remove pins you need to open this, just like you have on the housing you have posted, however as the pin tabs are metal they can and often do spring up and get caught here and locations like it.

Basically you have one of two problems with your housing, other than an out of focus photo:

1) pin tabs are getting caught somewhere and need pressing to release.
2) you have used incorrect connector pins for the housing type and as such will be a pig to remove.

That particular connect has a tab that lifts up on a hinge to release it after the initial extraction using the tool.

If you look closely one side of it is hinged

That particular connect has a tab that lifts up on a hinge to release it after the initial extraction using the tool.

If you look closely one side of it is hinged

I did lift the tab but it still won’t come out after the 20% initial release.

3b4dbb4eab3d68733c9a972b56577d8d.jpg