Pioneer sph-da120

Tempz

Reaction score
Looking to get apple CarPlay functionality and of course music via usb etc. Pioneer sph-da120 has some of the best reviews.

Has anyone fitted one of these? I have no clue about audio and head unit upgrades so if someone can explain what’s needed I’d be grateful.

Thanks

I’ve had the same unit in my last two cars and also got one in the other half’s golf, spot on for CarPlay. You’ll need the correct wiring adaptor and also the fascia adaptor, then just figure out where you want your wires coming out, got mine in the glovebox and also the little hole next to the aux input

I’ve had the same unit in my last two cars and also got one in the other half’s golf, spot on for CarPlay. You’ll need the correct wiring adaptor and also the fascia adaptor, then just figure out where you want your wires coming out, got mine in the glovebox and also the little hole next to the aux input
Cheers mate. Where did you buy the kit from?

Not too bad, hardest part is getting the old one out, easiest way I found was to pull out the climate control unit out, so you can push it from behind

Apparently, so does Waze, which is much better than G'maps.
If anyone does use Waze, take a look at the 'GTI Superdrives' that are built in. You may find there is a really good driving road near you that you didn't know about.

Well Waze is owned by Google anyway ... they bought them just as the revolution in cheap standalone car sat navs happened - very interesting story.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
Well Waze is owned by Google anyway ... they bought them just as the revolution in cheap standalone car sat navs happened - very interesting story.
Yeah, this means that the maps are up to date and traffic info is pretty accurate.
Waze has the advantage of allowing drivers to report problems to alert other drivers, which makes it a more accurate nav system IMO.
Both are very good, but for me Waze is better.

Yup so it’s crowedsourced info just as the personal sat Nav boom started Google spotted the potential from this startup - free updates from people on the ground. The sat Nav companies instead went on a spending spree buying into GPS satellite systems and building the infrastructure to monitor traffic flows etc. Google leapfrogged their thinking.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
Yeah after hearing google maps is now on Carplay I started looking at head units.

Do steering wheel controls work with this pioneer unit though?