Pirelli P- Zeros

Dippy

Reaction score
My B5 S4 was delivered on these and I hated the tram-lining. So first chance I got I changed them to Michelin PS and found those excellent, so I stayed with PSx on that car for about 14 years. When I replaced that car with my B8.5 S5 sportback, I was disappointed but not surprised to see that it had the Pirellis again. However they have not been as bad as I remember them on my S4, only a bit of tramlining which I have tolerated.

However nearly 3 years and 12,000 miles later I am starting to feel that they are behaving differently. The tram-lining seems a bit worse and the grip seems a bit less. The wheels have been rotated and there is an average of 3-4mm tread depth. The pressures are spot on - that's something that I check regularly. My S5 has the sports diff and adjustable dampers.

Has anyone else experienced that the performance of this brand of tyre degrades noticeably with wear?

Yeah and the roads are twice as bad as they were a few years back, reevaluate in the summer but maybe its time for a change of rubber

Rubber degrades with use and age .

Pirelli P Zero and Michelin PS are vague descriptions as there are many models .