Plasti dipping a chrome grill

Adam_A3_

Reaction score
Hi guys

Has anyone done this and what does it look like?
According to this video you can get a plasti dip glossifier which gives it a glossy look. Just wanting to see some pictures and end results please.

My attempt on my A4 b8, didn't use the gloss though. Five coats just to make sure it was tough.
JG

I have literally just a bought a chrome grill for my A3 as they un available in black at this time, so my plan also is to plastic dip it. Tested the dip on my rear badges the other day and came out well. I shall be getting a few more cans and doing my grill very soon.

Reactions: Sandra
Looks pretty good the first one.

Penguin. Do you intend on spraying it with the glosser too?

Did mine. Before and after, with no glossifier.

Attachments

• ASN1.jpg
    ASN1.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 277
With a brief spell of sunshine, I got around to doing mine today. Had the grill already dipped off the car as it needed replacing due a small bump a while back. Took around two hours to swap over. I personally think I need a few more coats of plastic dip to finish it off but I can that on the car now its fitted. Pretty happy with it.

Offering up the new grill. Was an absolute bitch to get the old one off and this one was equally as awkward to line up. Went on in the end with some persuasion.

Reactions: RS5 JON
Yeh man looks pretty good that does

What did the plasti dip cost you and how many cans did you buy?

Yeh man looks pretty good that does

What did the plasti dip cost you and how many cans did you buy?

Two cans should do it. I used one but will need more coats I think. £13.99 on eBay so not really that cheap, thankfully I had a £10 voucher to use so that cut the cost a touch. I also painted the grill first with some matt spray I had hanging around to get some dark coverage as my grill started chrome