Plastic grilles looking a little grey - permanent fix?

DALE_AVANT

Reaction score
Hi all.

I usually use a plastics treatment on my front grilles to keep them looking black.

Anybody done anything a little more permanent?

Hi all.

I usually use a plastics treatment on my front grilles to keep them looking black.

Anybody done anything a little more permanent?

I sprayed mine black using aerosols, look like new. You can also get plastidip but I've never tried it myself.

I was thinking long those lines. Any pictures of your work?

Did you use a matte black spray can, and any need for primer etc?

Yep, Mine was 'greying' too.

All i did was sparay it gloss black along with all other plastic trim.

..agreed, aerosol cans are fine.

Did you guys use a primer?

I'm thinking a satin black will suit my grilles as the bodywork is gloss black

I think so, will freshen up the front end some more

I'd advise against plastidip on the front grille unless your on the fence about whether you want it black or not, I used plastidip on my rear boot trim (the shiny alloy type bit) and it started to scratch and peel so it was sprayed. I imagine the front will much more prone to this with all the crap on UK roads. Glad I never did anything crazy like dipping the whole car haha would have been a nightmare.

Mines grey too, oh wait, mines sapphire, as it is a an S4.
Sorry, I had to!!

I sprayed my foglight surround grilles with 3 coats of gloss black plastikote paint and they look pretty good to me, can't upload the pic on tablet but check out my other posts with pics to take a look....considering doing the grille but that's the bumper off job..............

Why not simply buy an S4 grille? Granted, the middle is more of a graphite grey, but with the satin black surround, (Black Optik version) it looks so much nicer than a stock A4 item, or even one that's been spray painted black.