plastidipped grill yes or no?

R34nel

Reaction score
null_zps86ac7290.jpg

null_zps3418da50.jpg

I have done this on my standard A3 grill on a black car which I think made it look better. I have since purchased a proper BE grill but on the S3 grill I'd stay chrome. Looks amazing to me so let that baby shine :)

Thought yours was white for some reason? Didnt know you were in the black club too :D

i personnaly prefer the black, but the Chrome grill and mirrors, is part of the S3 presence. I will probably change at one point but no idea when.

If I'm honest I wish I had gone for white but the black does look great when it's clean!

The reason why I used plastidip was so I could just peel it off easily, literally took me five mins to do, didnt even mask it up just peeled of the overspray

Personally I think it would have looked better with the outer ring left chrome & the grill itself done in black rather than leaving it titanium colour, would be a long job pulling of the chrome detail strips to do it though.

just did mine yesterday, very happy with the results. Although with urs u've got way more chrome on the center. U should have sprayed the whole thing. Im gonna get another can and do my centre section soon.
Black2

Reactions: amit91987
Love the black surround and as said it peels off so you can revert back,not sure about doing the four rings as you need a focal point imho
That said its your pride and joy so if your happy then good stuff.

Did mine at the weekend, sprayed the whole grill as it was grey before.

941750DF-BD52-4C43-9F73-20AF18B961EB-2565-0000025D413A1919_zps232a1acb.jpg

Reactions: discostu49
I poked some cardboard up from underneath to cover the rad but when I took it out there was barely any overspray on it and I did a good few coats getting the paint into all the edges of the grill so I'd say you could get away without putting anything behind at all.

F452B7F7-CF24-414B-BD24-41BBF88690E3-2565-00000268F76C0688_zpsde5c1707.jpg

The plastidip looks great but as said above, the rings should stand out a bit more... possible colour code with the car? down side its an extra bit to polish ;)

Pricey looks good! I like it!